Licence renewal

Just noticed my licence needs renewed on April 3, panicking a bit. :unamused: :smiley:

Do they automatically send you an application/renewal form, (rang wife nothing arrived at home yet) or do you have to apply for one by phone to DVLA, can you still get them at Post Offices…or what.
Cheers.

Is this you reaching the big45 Rob ?

pierrot 14:
Is this you reaching the big45 Rob ?

No, slightly past that one bud.

Surprised that they haven’t been in touch by post ! To send you renewal notice, doctors form to fill in ( by a doctor of course :slight_smile: , no shenanigans ) Go online to DVSA at the weekend, you can access practically everything on there.

My licence is due for renewal mid April and my renewal form came about 3 weeks ago.

Rob just had a look on their site and found this

"You’ll get 2 forms from DVLA 56 days before your driving licence runs out:

an ‘application for renewal of lorry and bus entitlement’ (D47P)
a ‘medical examination report’ form (D4)"

56 days ! And you haven’t heard anything ■■?

Heard nothing,.as I said just rang the wife.
Not like the DVLA to â– â– â– â–  up eh? :unamused:
Got to take most of the blame myself, I should have rememberd.
Got to be honest here,.I noticed it was coming up in January, and I simply forgot about it. :blush: :unamused:

Will need to get my skates on and get sorted with application for wk.end, and a medical sorted for Monday,.and send it off
If my form is in, and my licence expires before I get word back.
…How do you reckon I’ll stand ?

robroy:
Not like the DVLA to [zb] up eh? :unamused:
Got to be honest here,.I noticed it was coming up in January, and I simply forgot about it. :blush: :unamused:

Will need to get my skates on and get sorted with application for wk.end, and a medical sorted for Monday,.and send it off

I haven’t read this link to check Rob (it looks a scintillating read) but looks like it might provide some help

gov.uk/government/uploads/s … ce.pdf.pdf

Freight Dog:

robroy:

I haven’t read this link to check Rob (it looks a scintillating read) but looks like it might provide some help

Thanks mate, reading that it looks like I’m ok while my application is getting sorted, if licence runs out at that time.
Next hurdle is the â– â– â– â–  medical,.I had blood pressure issues last time.
My last BP reading was 148 over 94 which is a bit high, so I’ll need to get the bike out at wk.end and cut down my coffee intake. :unamused:

You can download the medical form D4 and print it out, you cannot download form D2 (licence renewal) but you can apply for both forms on this page

Form D4 (Medical)

Though frankly if it was me I’d phone the DVLA on the number bellow, it may be quicker.

DVLA driver licensing enquiries
Telephone: 0300 790 6801
Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm
Saturday, 8am to 2pm

Don’t panic Rob.
My licence has actually expired while DVLA are carrying out medical checks.
I’m still driving.
Check out Section 88 if you’re worried.

tachograph:
You can download the medical form D4 and print it out, you cannot download form D2 (licence renewal) but you can apply for both forms on this page

Form D4 (Medical)

Though frankly if it was me I’d phone the DVLA on the number bellow, it may be quicker.

DVLA driver licensing enquiries
Telephone: 0300 790 6801
Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm
Saturday, 8am to 2pm

Thanks a lot for that help mate :wink: …I’m on it tomorrow asap.

Steve66:
Don’t panic Rob.
I’m still driving.

Not prying here mate, but is that because there was a problem on your medical?
Got to be honest here, I’m kinda worried about the blood pressure thing…which is a bit ironic as worrying increases it. :unamused:

robroy:

Freight Dog:

robroy:

Thanks mate, reading that it looks like I’m ok while my application is getting sorted, if licence runs out at that time.
Next hurdle is the [zb] medical,.I had blood pressure issues last time.
My last BP reading was 148 over 94 which is a bit high, so I’ll need to get the bike out at wk.end and cut down my coffee intake. :unamused:

Don’t stress the BP. I made the mistake of getting one of the boots home ones, the type that blow up a balloon thing on your arm. Mine is fairly normal normally around 120 ish. Then I took some higher readings, 150, 148, I think I had 150 something one week lol!. I was just stressed. Tossed the friggin thing in the wardrobe :laughing: . My doctor has never said anything, normally too busy talking to me. Mind you talking whilst they do it or moving can affect it. It’s so sensitive. I skip the morning coffee before mine too. Wouldn’t worry about it. Docs know medicals cause higher BPs anyway.

robroy:

Steve66:
Don’t panic Rob.
I’m still driving.

Got to be honest here, I’m kinda worried about the blood pressure thing…which is a bit ironic as worrying increases it. :unamused:

I have some beta blockers around somewhere if you want them. Pop a couple before the test and you will breeze the blood pressure test.

I got given them in my mid to late 20’s when working in an office environment. And people say driving is stressful. Rather than taking them I quit my job and ran away and lived on a beach for a bit and taught scuba diving. Now I do a bit of studying and a bit of driving and am much happier.

sammym:

robroy:

Steve66:
Don’t panic Rob.
I’m still driving.

I have some beta blockers around somewhere if you want them. Pop a couple before the test and you will breeze the blood pressure test.

I got given them in my mid to late 20’s when working in an office environment. And people say driving is stressful. Rather than taking them I quit my job and ran away and lived on a beach for a bit and taught scuba diving. Now I do a bit of studying and a bit of driving and am much happier.

You’ll need them when that Scotsman catches you :smiley:

sammym:

robroy:

Steve66:
Don’t panic Rob.
I’m still driving.

Nah, you’re alright mate. :open_mouth:

robroy:

The limit for an HGV medical is 180/100 so you should be fine.

Sammym, I hope you’re not texting while driving,■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Or haven’t you left yet .

Harry Monk:

robroy:

The limit for an HGV medical is 180/100 so you should be fine.

Cheers for that bit of encouragement Harry. :wink:
Btw Where did you see this?