Skipton coach park

It’s says on Hgvparking.com you can park in the coach park in Skipton town centre. Does anyone know if this is correct? Be perfect for me as I’ve a drop in High Bentham tomorrow

I stayed there last year, go in from the top of town following coach signs. As you turn left it looks a bit like you shouldn’t be going as it looks like an alley :smiley:
Follow your nose in and lorry parking is dead ahead and in the right corner if memory serves me right.
Some of it is on a slant but you can get a good kip and there’s a nice spoons close by if that’s your thing.

Which direction you coming from?

tarmactipper:

Barnsley. We deliver to JDP on Engine Shed Lane but have to go through town where the market is due to the height of our trailers.

OllieNotts:
I stayed there last year, go in from the top of town following coach signs. As you turn left it looks a bit like you shouldn’t be going as it looks like an alley :smiley:
Follow your nose in and lorry parking is dead ahead and in the right corner if memory serves me right.
Some of it is on a slant but you can get a good kip and there’s a nice spoons close by if that’s your thing.

Cheers pal

tarmactipper:

So coming through Bradford and Keighley

What height you at? Theirs bridges at 14ft 6. One at 15ft

tarmactipper:
What height you at? Theirs bridges at 14ft 6. One at 15ft

From Keighley until roundabout for Skipton bypass take the A6131 Skipton up to next roundabout Bay Horse Pub on your right turn left McDs in front of you, loads of parking their no bridges.

From Bradford/keighley-Use Skipton bypass upto A59/65 roundabout and take 4th exit(Gargrave Road) which takes you to town centre. Right turn to roundabout at top of Market place which is on High Street. Right on roundabout and then immediate left onto Jerry Croft. As previous poster stated this is an alley but is used by M&S artics. Overnight truck parking straight in front of you. You are bang in town centre so loads of great pubs, cafes restaurant. Nice castle or walks along canal if that’s your thing.
Engine Shed Lane has a couple of “interesting” access routes. Easiest one is from town centre, take the slip road on right opposite the train station and then sharp left over bridge,(this is quite tight, only done it in 18t) immediate right onto the lane. Last time I was there in Summer there were loads of overhanging branches but ok.
The alternative route via Carleton Rd/Carleton new road has a low bridge but can’t remember the height of this.

I’m here now turned between the buildings off the roundabout a bit tight :laughing: it says HGV’s Monday-Sunday 6PM-8AM £10 on parking machine :open_mouth: anyone ever paid or do they come around and check?

tarmactipper:
From Keighley until roundabout for Skipton bypass take the A6131 Skipton up to next roundabout Bay Horse Pub on your right turn left McDs in front of you, loads of parking their no bridges.

If you choose to park here you will have to go back out to bypass to get to Engine Shed Lane because there is a 14’6” bridge further up A6131 before town centre.

I dont remember a sign about payment I certainly didn’t pay.

OllieNotts:
I dont remember a sign about payment I certainly didn’t pay.

It’s on the machine right across from where you park up. Says charges are from 9am-6pm for cars then another sign for HGV charge. There’s no way I’m paying a ■■■■■■■ tenner to park in a car park with no facilities. That’s why I don’t park at Upton On Severn anymore

I’m 99% sure that councils currently don’t have the budget to pay night shift traffic wardens, especially in a market town like Skipton. so if you don’t want to pay I’d be willing to bet you aren’t going to get fined.

If you go out of car park( one way system) and turn right I’m pretty sure there is some unrestricted parking at the bottom near the shops.

Rowley010:
I’m 99% sure that councils currently don’t have the budget to pay night shift traffic wardens, especially in a market town like Skipton. so if you don’t want to pay I’d be willing to bet you aren’t going to get fined.

I’m risking it mate but I know the one at Upton has had a women driving around in a car at night taking photos of the trucks with no tickets in the windows even them with tickets in as well to see if they’ve done the old pay as a car for 2 hour trick :smiley:
Also if I’m not mistaken it was Gloucestershire Council who were issuing the fines out when it should’ve been Worsteshire Council as it’s on their patch so the fines should’ve been nill and void.

No ticket when you woke up then? :smiley:
Did you ask any other drivers if they paid?

OllieNotts:
No ticket when you woke up then? :smiley:
Did you ask any other drivers if they paid?

No mate window was ticket free :smiley: There was only 2 other trucks both tippers and one looked like he parks it there and lives near by as he didn’t have the curtains drawn and was not in the truck and the other one already had his curtains closed.
Will stop there again and take the risk.