I quit

mrginge:
I still think day people miss out on the adventure aspect of the job, tomorrow morning im off to N.Ireland on a 3 day run so im living in my tin box for 2 nights running but it means I get to travel more and it’s not even max hour days.

Adventure, this made me smile, there are times in your life that the mundane is good, others when new places and people suit better. Did a bit of googling to see if any of my first drives were online and found a couple of photos of my father, stirring up some long forgotten memories, smiling again, thanks.

I’ve had a varied driving career, from the mundane (learning the game), to the adventurous (learning my way around the UK) and back to the mundane again (as I see retirement in the not too distant horizon), as with others on here, I’ve been there, seen it, done it, got the T-shirt, worn it out, used it as a rag to clean the mirrors, had to get a new T-shirt. Not a great life, but not a bad life either, worked hard at times, done diddly-squat at others. There’s stuff I did 20-30 years ago that I wouldn’t dream of doing now, but there’s also stuff I did then that I can do better now, I just don’t choose to do it.

Life changes, circumstances change, what works for a 20 something isn’t necessarily going to work for a 50 something and vice-versa. It needs all sorts and some very different attitudes to get the work that needs doing done. I don’t look up or down to anyone that chooses to do the things I don’t want to do at this time in my life, you need me to do what I’m doing just as I need you to do whatever you’re doing. I’m not the highest paid and not the lowest paid, I can live within my means, unfortunately my wife cannot, the fan is going to get covered with brown sticky stuff in 5 years or so (maybe less), that might result in me doing work that I really don’t want to do, but if it does I’ll make it work for me, not kill me.