Oops!

Seems I chucked my brain in the bin with my rubbish bag this morning.

I ran in the 2hrs to the yard, did all the usual bits and bobs, collected my loaded trailer, grumbled about having to do a double drop, pulled up the delivery location out of my favourites and rolled out.

Arrived at the delivery some 6hrs later and realised that I didn’t have the drive time to reach the second drop. Then realised that I’d driven past the second drop on the way down. Oh crap. Opened the curtains with a sinking feeling, and yep, the pallets for this drop were against the headboard. :blush:

The most minor of saving graces was that the paperwork had been labelled and ordered the wrong way round.

Engage brain before gearbox!!! :blush: :blush: :blush:

had similar myself.
lifted a loaded fridge a wee while ago for 2 drops.
#1 carquefou near nantes,and #2 ile de oleron away down near rochefort.
all loaded,all sealed,all fuelled up,opens the doors at drop#1 and theres the 2nd drops boxes staring me in the face.
30 euro later and a bit of grovelling to the forkie convincing him i wasnt english and job done,but there must be plenty of similar instances.
so own up to your disasters gentlemen or is it only me and the o/p drop the bollox now and then? … :slight_smile:

DD you’re not the first and you wont be the last :laughing: :laughing:
But your dilemma wasn’t your fault was it, or did they tell you to do Ile d’Oloron first, :open_mouth: Just asking

nope.
all loaded at the factory temp set and did the drops as instructed from the notes.
usual story as an interdepartmenal communication breakdown between factory,company,and delivery points.
plenty of swearywords getting blown about,but no blame landed on me.
the only argument i had was either they paid me back the 30 euro bung with no recipt,or we negotiate another rate for the trip money.
the 30 euro won it.
the only hard part was the ignoramuses at the 2nd drop wouldnt let me wash out and i eventually had to reverse into one of those wee unmanned auto car jet washes and drag the lance hose and most of the machine to reach the front of the fridge…where theres a will. :slight_smile:

Arrived early for the drop to be told I’d have to comeback, spent the next hour twiddling my thumbs thinking why had I started so bloody early. Phone rings and I’m politely asked why have I returned the load and NOT delivered it?
Another look at the paperwork and off I go to the right address, late!

dieseldog999:
nope.
all loaded at the factory temp set and did the drops as instructed from the notes.
usual story as an interdepartmenal communication breakdown between factory,company,and delivery points.
plenty of swearywords getting blown about,but no blame landed on me.
the only argument i had was either they paid me back the 30 euro bung with no recipt,or we negotiate another rate for the trip money.
the 30 euro won it.
the only hard part was the ignoramuses at the 2nd drop wouldnt let me wash out and i eventually had to reverse into one of those wee unmanned auto car jet washes and drag the lance hose and most of the machine to reach the front of the fridge…where theres a will. :slight_smile:

I bet that was fun , NOT !!!
You should’ve tried to find an abattoir or meat processing plant near by to wash out. You would’ve had to pay but it would’ve been more truck friendly

its not exactly the hub of the universe on that island and it was the 1st place i found so any port in a storm.saved messing and then heavy pedal out of there anyway.

dieseldog999:
its not exactly the hub of the universe on that island and it was the 1st place i found so any port in a storm.saved messing and then heavy pedal out of there anyway.

Not the hub of the Universe as you say but very picturesque, love going over that bridge. Who were you doing at Carquefou, wasn’t STEF was it ?

it was just some backstreet frozen fish place in a wee ind est off the main road to the right heading in.
got there after 6 and had a nice peaceful evening ,quiet as a graveyard. i cant remember the name though…it was that les viviers d oleron place on the island though.
nice and tidy on the outside,and a quagmire of that minging white sticky sandy mud round the back…deffo a class place if you were in a camper on holiday though.

Delivering shell fish and crustaceans then, can see why you wanted a washout. Anything to do with the sea reeks, for quite a long time too. Only one thing worse and that is hanging meat, not so much for the smell, but for the mess on the deck and the walls.

Is there still a Daf Truck dealer in Carquefou?In the days before Nantes was surrounded by motorways my 3300 was towed in there for a new piston.While awaiting the tow truck a little old lady emerged from a block flats and gave me a hot meal on a tray with proper eating irons and stuff.How often does that happen?