Huge pothole m6 south knutsford services

Huge pot hole m6 south lane one near knutsford services. About 4 ft long . Probably cause chaos in rush hour and when they decide to shut another lane in roadworks to.fill it in

They should just do what my local council does and stand behind the barrier, scatter loose tarmac and let traffic run in it in :laughing:

Then they complain about re-repairing “fixed” potholes :unamused:

sounds like utility companies…Southern Water did repairs in our street from 21.00 to early hours…then filled it in…its now a big pot hole…with the tarmac spread over the street, and the muddy ground beneath spread all over as well…worse when it rains…why dont the company or the council come round and check on the work afterwards…after all…if it was their driveway…and they had to pay for shoddy work…would they ■■ NO because its tax payers cash thats why.

is there not some law somewhere that only the council roads department can attempt a permanent repair on a road and all the others can only repair to a temp standard?
or is that just some waffle i heard years ago? :confused:

Just returned to living in the UK and am amazed at the amount of potholes on the motorways ?

I looked out for this last night thanks to you starting a thread, edd. Cheers mate. I steered round it and missed it entirely! Bloody nasty looking pothole too.

I ‘love’ the quality of council repairs. There was a 12” wide line across the road near our yard between an island and the curb. It had sunk a bit where the traffic tended to drive over it but if you took a good line you completely missed the sunken bits. Council have now ‘repaired’ it with a 4 foot slab of the moons surface so now the whole lot is a total suspension crash fest! [emoji57]

Went through it this morning early doors, shoved me almost into the next lane, the car that had sat alongside me for the last 5 miles nearly cracked himself.

You know the type 46 in the middle lane (yes I know their Speedos prolly says 49-50 but mine said 56) so I bollocked it up his inside then realising he didn’t want that played the cross the white line game which just eggs me on even more, so some shenanigans followed including me taking to the outside lane and pushing the bugger towards the inner barrier, then nipping back into the inside lane just in time to encounter the pot hole. Bloody coppers think they own the road.

Seriously though if there’s a hole I’ll usually find it.

Dipper_Dave:
Seriously though if there’s a hole I’ll usually find it.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This was the ‘repair’ they did a couple of weeks ago leaving it worse than before [emoji57]

You’ll be in for a bumpy ride about the state of your mug and spoon - you know what it’s like on here :smiley: :smiley:

Yeah I thought that when I posted it but a proper truckers mug ain’t a proper truckers mug if it gets washed more than once a week.

They wanna feel that one in at Keele southbound while they are at it.

Yep, found it on the way down tonight, other lad on the phone went, “you alright what the ■■■■ was that?” My answer pothole, your about 5mile behind me? Get in the middle lane mate! No damage but sure felt like it. On another note, anyone notice the inside Lane of M1, 22-23 I think is shocking,

Sent from my S30 using Tapatalk

nomiS36:
This was the ‘repair’ they did a couple of weeks ago leaving it worse than before [emoji57]

I knew the motorways were getting bad over there, but that pic’ of the M1 is disgusting.

State of…

That coffee mug…tut. :unamused:

No, tut’s not enough, shocking, yeh shocking!

nomiS36:

Clever place for a ■■■■■■■ bus stop.

My latest encounter

Thats not a pothole Tom, thats a caving system - there’ll be people in anoracks gathering there soon!

Theres quite a few on the M1, plus a few nasties on the slip roads, eg where the A500 joins the M6 northbound through the roadworks is bad. Just one long pothole.

An awful lot seem to be around where they are already doing “smart motorway” roadworks. Not sure if its length of time they taking or something else but I dont remember potholes this bad around previous roadworks.

As for lane closures, they keep shutting sections of motorway overnight to 1 lane but never use it to fix the potholes. Only ever to fiddle with signs it seems.

dave docwra:

nomiS36:

Clever place for a [zb] bus stop.

Yeah it is! In the car if it’s quiet I nip round the wrong side of the island naughty naughty.