Close one

leicestermercury.co.uk/news … es-1329996

Good job it wasnt smithy he would have took him out

The car is obviously the on in the wrong, but it potentially was a “nearer miss” than it needed to be.

Watch the video.

Truck driver puts signal on and moves into lane 2.

Silver car joins lane 1 and then you can see it starts going to lane 2.

There is then quite a big delay between where you can clearly see the car drifting into lane 2 until the truck starts braking.

Perhaps he was making a point to car?

Was he not watching properly?

Either way, like I said car is clearly the one in the wrong but the truck could definitely have reacted sooner preventing it from being as close as it was.

Rowley010:
The car is obviously the on in the wrong, but it potentially was a “nearer miss” than it needed to be.

Watch the video.

There is then quite a big delay between where you can clearly see the car drifting into lane 2 until the truck starts braking.

Either way, like I said car is clearly the one in the wrong but the truck could definitely have reacted sooner preventing it from being as close as it was.

Maybe he was fully loaded and didn’t want to be picking it up off the bed?

Captain Caveman 76:

Rowley010:

Watch the video.

Maybe he was fully loaded and didn’t want to be picking it up off the bed?

So why didn’t he start braking as soon as I could see what was about to happen rather than leave it until he did? We are professional drivers. Supposed to be able to anticipate idiot car drivers manoeuvres and react straight away as soon as they do something like this. Not continue until the last moment to make a point.

my moneys on brain dead moron on facebook,with truckie assuming they would wake up a tad sooner than not at all.

Car driver totally in the wrong, he / she needn’t have gone in to lane 2 at all as all other traffic had picked up.

My betting is a European driver they tend to hug the right hand side a lot

hanson:
Good job it wasnt smithy he would have took him out

Nah I don’t believe that Nigel

nick2008:
Car driver totally in the wrong, he / she needn’t have gone in to lane 2 at all as all other traffic had picked up.

My betting is a European driver they tend to hug the right hand side a lot

Oh and English drivers don’t ■■? :unamused: :unamused: