Overnighting Uckfield area

The missus is tipping Reef One Norwich Tues afternoon and is reloading with iron castings at Durey castings Ridgewood ind est Uckfield. Ive worked out she’ll have enough driving time (all being well) to make it to Uckfield early evening for reloading weds. Rather than overnight on the estate are there any half decent stops in the area with reasonable food /showers ect?
All help appreciated…

AndrewG:
The missus is tipping Reef One Norwich Tues afternoon and is reloading with iron castings at Durey castings Ridgewood ind est Uckfield. Ive worked out she’ll have enough driving time (all being well) to make it to Uckfield early evening for reloading weds. Rather than overnight on the estate are there any half decent stops in the area with reasonable food /showers ect?
All help appreciated…

Gosh, no, I can’t think of anywhere to park a truck anywhere near Uckfield which would be open much after mid-afternoon or have a shower, let alone both at once. I’d say it’s a lay-by, an industrial estate or Clacket Lane services.

Andrew, all I can remember of Uckfield is there are 4 lay-byes on the A22 between the 2 A26 splits, 2 on either side, no facilities. There is a Shell at the northernmost roundabout, I have stopped there for a wee but not for a daily, don’t think it’s that big.
If she’s coming from Norwich I would suggest stopping at Clacketts, she will have the facilities there.

google.fr/maps/@50.9721429,0.0923921,14z

■■■■ Harry , you beat me to it !!!

Park on the industrial estate by the station at Crowborough, and walk to the plough and horses pub for a meal, or even book a room, was £30 per night Inculding breakfast a couple of years ago. Just watch out there is a low bridge so she’ll need to check her route.

Park in one of the laybys between Maresfield and Uckfield and taxi to the chequers inn at Maresfield ■■ about 2 miles.

Scrub that, I vote for Crowborough

muckles:
Park on the industrial estate by the station at Crowborough, and walk to the plough and horses pub for a meal, or even book a room, was £30 per night Inculding breakfast a couple of years ago. Just watch out there is a low bridge so she’ll need to check her route.

Good call Muckles :slight_smile:

If she’s coming down the A26 from T/Wells, no problem with that bridge

muckles:

No need she will be running at 4m :laughing:

If she runs a couple of miles past Tunbridge Wells she will come across a bp garage with 5 or 6 truck places in which is open 24hrs then in the morning back up to the 264 thru tunbridge to the a26 it’s on the junction of a2160n not sure it has showers . But she could alway go into Orwell crossing on way down if she uses the 140 a12 route . Or purfleet truck wash has parking and showers may need to book though

If it’s not too far off route there’s a café with overnight parking and shower at Faygate (A264 near Crawley).
Google Cabin Café Faygate.

axletramp:
If it’s not too far off route there’s a café with overnight parking and shower at Faygate (A264 near Crawley).

Axle are you for real ■■? Faygate !!!
Read the OP she’s coming down from Norfolk to Uckfield ffs !!! Why would she want to go there ■■? You have a look at Google maps and you work it out !!! Apart from the fact it will be closed by the time she gets there should she want to do the 50 mile detour to park there :unamused: :unamused:

here let me help you in case you don’t know how to use GM

google.fr/maps/place/Faygat … d-0.262389

pierrot 14:

axletramp:

Read the OP she’s coming down from Norfolk to Uckfield ffs !!! Why would she want to go there ■■? You have a look at Google maps and you work it out !!! Apart from the fact it will be closed by the time she gets there should she want to do the 50 mile detour to park there :unamused: :unamused:

Who’s pressed your button?
It’s up to the Op or his Mrs to decide whats too far off route or not.
It certainly wouldn’t have bothered me running a bit out of my way.
Roll roll ffs yourself. HTH.

axletramp:

pierrot 14:

axletramp:

Who’s pressed your button?
It’s up to the Op or his Mrs to decide whats too far off route or not.
It certainly wouldn’t have bothered me running a bit out of my way.
Roll roll ffs yourself. HTH.

Come on Fay gate is way off route and car park is like the moon
P/s did you not read the bit about just enough time ? :wink:

Thanks for the suggestions guys, theres more than a couple of options there. Ill google map the locations.
Thanks again all for the info, appreciated… :smiley:

I’ll nip down in my motor home ,I could cook for her and wash her back in the shower no charge , :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Punchy Dan:
I’ll nip down in my motor home ,I could cook for her and wash her back in the shower no charge , :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ill put forward your offer Dan and get back to with her reply… :grimacing:

AndrewG:

Punchy Dan:

Ill put forward your offer Dan and get back to with her reply… :grimacing:

Let’s hope it the one you want to hear !!

Nice merc with fixed double bed ,webasto blowing in the shower room :laughing:

Clackett lane Msa is about £35 to park, but you do get a tenner meal voucher, two meals for one price offer, but parking full of EE trucks.

I’ve just checked on Google & the Plough and Horses in Crowborough is listed as ‘permanently closed’. I will contact a friend in C/brough over the weekend to ask about other palces to eat/stay near the station.

Meanwhile Chester’s suggestion of the BP garage off the Blue Boys roundabout (old well known cafe now derelict) on the A21 just south of Pembury has been suggested before.