Regrett

Ever walked out of a job that you later regretted? Seemed crap at the time but then tried the other side of the fence, only to realise it was better than you thought. How do you get back?

Not really. There is a reason why you leave a job, and in my experience after going back it is never as good as it was before.

But that is about driving. I know bugger all about refrigeration.

UKtramp:
Ever walked out of a job that you later regretted? Seemed crap at the time but then tried the other side of the fence, only to realise it was better than you thought. How do you get back?

I’ve just handed mine in, risky move i know… Either be best thing I’ve done or the worst’ soon find out aye

Ring them. It’s not complicated.

If you left on good terms, then why not. I’ve taken drivers back on after they’ve realised the error of their ways. :wink:

If, however, the last words you heard were, ‘Don’t ever darken my doorstep again you f’ing brain dead moron’, then it might be an idea to let it go.

I’d heard that the real reason the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia was here wasn’t actually for trade talks. It could be a false rumour, but he’s actually headhunting a fridge engineer.
If so, then it may be a little quieter around here?

Cue a farewell tune from Edith Piaff.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Franglais:

We can but dream :smiley:

Just make a phone call. Simple. It’s not a dignity thing or even eating humble pie, it’s a cold hard business decision. It seemed to have worked for KFC. :wink:

Go back have a word with the TM tell him you made a mistake and want to come back.
When I was at poundland 1 driver left 3 times and came back.

I’d be…

Full of regret for incorrectly spelling regret.

yourhavingalarf:
I’d be…

:smiley:

yt03:

UKtramp:

I’ve just handed mine in, risky move i know… Either be best thing I’ve done or the worst’ soon find out aye

The grass always looks greener in my experience, my last move I thought was a great move turns out not so great. I rarely get attached at firms as they are a means to an end. One I have worked for I really enjoyed and have been back twice, I feel embarrassed asking the third time. Good luck with your move. If you don’t do it, you will never know if it was right move.

Franglais:
I’d heard that the real reason the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia was here wasn’t actually for trade talks. It could be a false rumour, but he’s actually headhunting a fridge engineer.

Nice one :smiley:

yourhavingalarf:
I’d be…

■■■■ your right!!! :smiley:

Franglais:

You’ve been misinformed…MBS has taken him back twice before but has learned his lesson now!

Years ago i left a class 2 job so i could be a big boy and drive class 1…

I was told my job would stay open for six months and they had a leaving party for me and put a card round etc…

i was in the new job only 2 months before realizing i had made a mistake but i was too embarassed to go back :blush: :laughing:

UKtramp:

If the truth be told you have had that many jobs that’s its only a matter of time before you find another one you like

Yes.Lasted 9 days in the new job before I went back to the old one

Are you pining your heart out for ‘The Greendeath’ UKt ?

Do you still.wear your Elf Suit at evenings and weekends, and like to be known as MarkD ? :wink: :laughing:

Daytrunker:
When I was at poundland 1 driver left 3 times and came back.

Maybe he forgot to unclip the bungy cord when he walked out the gate

only one, on the day I felt totally p ed off, still felt annoyed whilst working the two weeks notice, but on another day it would have been like water off a ducks back, loved it should have stayed,