Forgetful Irish

I drive up the M6 Northbound every night and this week have noticed just how " forgetful " Irish drivers seem to be. :smiley:

I was passed 3 times last night whilst doing 56 - 58 mph

1st = Scania 4 x 2 pulling a fridge at circa 60 mph who had forgotten to put his numberplate on rear trailer.

2nd = Scania 4 x 2 pulling a fridge at circa 60 mph had forgotten to put his irish plate on the back on the trailer but had remebered to put on a non matching UK plate upside down on the back. - EU04■■?

3rd = Scania 4 x 2 Blue ( pulling a Morgan Mc curtainsider ) that had collided with a set of christmas fairy lights that had stuck allover the front. Im doing 58 mph on 3 lane section of M6 Toll ... he couldnt wait and went around me doing 60 plus in lane 3 just before toll. He took the lane to pay by machine I shot around the tag lane on the left and came out in front of him :grimacing:

These guys must be such an easy tug for VOSA :stuck_out_tongue:

I was following one today who’s irish plate was resting on top of his door handles on the trailer, he didnt go around the corners quick enough for it fall off but im sure he didnt make it to holyhead with it still on [emoji23]

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

That’s because the recession is over its booming there now, they are so busy to get the loads out who cares about a number plate, just go driver i will pay any fine

its part of your tang induction training to remember to forget such things.
forgetting makes it easier to get off lightly same as forgetting to bung in your abs lead.
stop and let mr vosa see you jump up and plug it in…here comes the gv9.
5 mins later,here comes the release notes…
mr vosa has done his job and counted his beans for today,and possibly no need to further crucify you so long as your lights and tyres are ok.
the camera fines arnt a problem for the ones on the paddy plates anyway. and it all boils down to…must make the boat. :slight_smile:

Collided with set christmas lights brilliant :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I can’t be the only one who doesn’t really care when these guys come steaming past? Firstly I know that they’re not gonna come back in two feet in front of me and cause me to back off to create a safe distance, and secondly any enforcement bods ahead will be dealing with him and thus leaving me alone when I get there. Win, win.

the maoster:
I can’t be the only one who doesn’t really care when these guys come steaming past? Firstly I know that they’re not gonna come back in two feet in front of me and cause me to back off to create a safe distance, and secondly any enforcement bods ahead will be dealing with him and thus leaving me alone when I get there. Win, win.

Yeah I think I go with this. In fact, I quite like to see a V8 scania come steaming past [emoji2] Let’s face it, whilst the tangs and the EE lads are running around with ‘misinterpreted ‘ understanding of the rules it keeps the heat off us indigenous fellows [emoji28]

dodged600:
I drive up the M6 Northbound every night and this week have noticed just how " forgetful " Irish drivers seem to be. :smiley:

1st = Scania 4 x 2 pulling a fridge at circa 60 mph who had forgotten to put his numberplate on rear trailer.

Not just the Irish :blush: I drove from Manchester on Tuesday night and only realised when I got to Carlisle that I’d not put it on :blush: Quick detour into the services and remedied, no hurt children or kittens :smiley:

you will find that most of the forgetfulness is when heading north or towards the ferry ports.
its also common on a sunday heading back out when forgetting to put in a card the correct way or forgetting to put it in at all and remembering to set the clock to a.m instead of p.m
i believe its something to do with the north pole and the gravitational pull thereof in a somewhat similar fashion to the effect it has on homing pigeons.
my own experience of this phenomenon is limited to a stay in hospital suffering from exhaustion and being on a course of iron tables which i had to stop taking as every morning when woke up my bed was facing north. :blush:

So nothing to do with leprechauns then? :open_mouth:

dieseldog999:
its part of your tang induction training to remember to forget such things.
forgetting makes it easier to get off lightly same as forgetting to bung in your abs lead.
stop and let mr vosa see you jump up and plug it in…here comes the gv9.
5 mins later,here comes the release notes…
mr vosa has done his job and counted his beans for today,and possibly no need to further crucify you so long as your lights and tyres are ok.
the camera fines arnt a problem for the ones on the paddy plates anyway. and it all boils down to…must make the boat. :slight_smile:

^^^^^
This all day long.
‘Forgetting’ the rear plate is one you’ll get away with by just placing it back on…camera fines cost money…thats if the rear plate matches the front one… :stuck_out_tongue:

Seen more than one north of Penrith after 10pm on a night time thinking that trailer lights were an optional extra they didn’t need to bother with. Clearly making the boat was more important than bothering to ensure someone can see you, see when you’re braking and when you plan to move into L2. They’d occassionally have an odd flicker suggesting a dodgy suzie but either they didn’t have time or don’t get paid enough to be able to pull into any of the truckstops they’d passed to buy a replacement.

i just heard this wee story about forgetfulness.
a flipflop from morgans bounces to transco newry to lift a running fridge full of mushrooms after its been repaired.
there happens to be 2 of morgans trailers in there at the same time so you can see where this is going,but it gets better.
he bounces in,lifts the running fridge full of mushrooms,and down to dublin for the evening holyhead boat,then over to somewhere in england to tip.
happy days sofar.
gets lined up for the bay opens the rear doors and back on…sofar so good.
then the loaders come out and invite him onto the warehouse and into the back of his trailer where ( this is the good bit),
they can see straight through the trailer to the rear of his cab as the fridge moter was removed to repair it in transco and the nugget lifted an empty trailer with no fridge motor in it.
you may ask yourself as to what point on your journey you may have noticed ths if you cared to check the temp at some point?

on a bit just as good story from the same co.
another one,loads out of the midlands 26 pallets of goodfellows pizza ,
off the bay,screws her round to clear the bays ,catches the drivers side door and rips it clean off the trailer so its lying on the ground.
he must have had big balls as he gets the complete door into the back of the fridge along with the pizzas,out the gates,and up for the boat with the fridge running at minus 24 and 1 door missing from the trailer.
surely proof once and for all that some of us take the saying,keep er lit,must make the boat,is paramount over anything else.and liknda puts some minor details like having trailer lights ect into perspective.
this stuff is not uncommon for the mushroom brigade,but they are the best ive heard this year sofar…
no headlights?? drive up your mates bum flat out.
no trailer lights?? drive flat out with your mate flat out behind you…job done. :slight_smile:

I noticed at least 3 Irish companies with BG plates on today…they were all signwritten units as well…
[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sounds normal enough for morgans, hard to believe that this sort of thing was happening regular, one clown managed to tip a new chereau before he even got out of the yard, all that said back in the day when it was all irish drivers there was serious money to be made about there, I done a few years there, I shant ever repeat some of the things that went on lol. Micheal mclernon also payed the bar tab at the drivers xmas party back when there was only 25 or 30 lorries, they cared abit more about the driver then.

Rat67:

dodged600:

Not just the Irish :blush: I drove from Manchester on Tuesday night and only realised when I got to Carlisle that I’d not put it on :blush: Quick detour into the services and remedied, no hurt children or kittens :smiley:

As a guy who hooks up a trailer about once every couple of months, the surprising thing is when I remember to put it on!

polytrotter:
I noticed at least 3 Irish companies with BG plates on today…they were all signwritten units as well…

When I was in a truckstop outside Budapest last summer there were two Caffreys lorries in there, can’t remember if they had Bulgaria or Romania plates but the guys in speedo’s definitely were not Irish :open_mouth:

dieseldog999:
i just heard this wee story about forgetfulness.
a flipflop from morgans bounces to transco newry to lift a running fridge full of mushrooms after its been repaired.
there happens to be 2 of morgans trailers in there at the same time so you can see where this is going,but it gets better.
he bounces in,lifts the running fridge full of mushrooms,and down to dublin for the evening holyhead boat,then over to somewhere in england to tip.
happy days sofar.
gets lined up for the bay opens the rear doors and back on…sofar so good.
then the loaders come out and invite him onto the warehouse and into the back of his trailer where ( this is the good bit),
they can see straight through the trailer to the rear of his cab as the fridge moter was removed to repair it in transco and the nugget lifted an empty trailer with no fridge motor in it.
you may ask yourself as to what point on your journey you may have noticed ths if you cared to check the temp at some point?

on a bit just as good story from the same co.
another one,loads out of the midlands 26 pallets of goodfellows pizza ,
off the bay,screws her round to clear the bays ,catches the drivers side door and rips it clean off the trailer so its lying on the ground.
he must have had big balls as he gets the complete door into the back of the fridge along with the pizzas,out the gates,and up for the boat with the fridge running at minus 24 and 1 door missing from the trailer.
surely proof once and for all that some of us take the saying,keep er lit,must make the boat,is paramount over anything else.and liknda puts some minor details like having trailer lights ect into perspective.
this stuff is not uncommon for the mushroom brigade,but they are the best ive heard this year sofar…
no headlights?? drive up your mates bum flat out.
no trailer lights?? drive flat out with your mate flat out behind you…job done. :slight_smile:

Defo true bill DD999!!![emoji3]

Morgans Taliban came up to me@ Coneygarth about 6months ago:

“Please I collect trailer@ port and not know how to set temp just turn it on”.

I ask for paperwork and open rear door,
Full to throat with ambient Mulrines juice for DHL Scunnie.
Frigo going full bore from
Cairnryan@ -25!!![emoji2][emoji50]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

i remember the days when the Irish lads used to come by me like i was going backwards…mind,i was driving a 180 Gardner,and i loved to hear the 141 Scania ‘whistle’,as they came steaming by :laughing:

mrginge:

polytrotter:

When I was in a truckstop outside Budapest last summer there were two Caffreys lorries in there, can’t remember if they had Bulgaria or Romania plates but the guys in speedo’s definitely were not Irish :open_mouth:

All of Cafferies fleet are on Irish plates plenty of foreign drivers working for him. He does use foreign contractors on a ad-hoc basis.