Europa by dartford crossing

pierrot 14:

chester1:

pierrot 14:

chester1:
The class two work is pallet work around London and the south delivering and collecting groupage and they are also in with with one of the overnite pallet firms. they seemed ok office people where always ok ( I worked for a subbie out of the old hailey rd site ) they was brought out a few years ago and have had a lot of investment in depots

I worked for them at that site, the depot wasn’t the best. They never seemed to spend money on any of the depots unless it was for something that really needed repairing :slight_smile: The staff were good, but I’m talking about 14 years ago now, I left in 2004.
First time I went past the new depot I had to take a double look, couldn’t believe the nice property that they had moved into. Even the Birmingham depot, which used to be in Bordesley Green, is now in nice new premises.
Palletline is the one they are involved in and have been since it started, one of the senior managers at Europa, along with 9 others from other firms, was involved in its startup.

Renne hog of RH freight fame brought the europa a few years ago pretty much as soon as his not competition clause expired and has invested in all new depots Dartford Birmingham and Northampton to name a few and loads or box trailers

Thanks for that Chester, I know that they have quite a few Estonian registered units that pull for them doing Europe. Was in a service area here in France and saw a couple of PL Luton tilts in their colours parked up.
Must have a look at their website to catch up.

Most of the work in there trailers goes out on EE trucks the rest goes on back loads. They have about a hundred groupage departures a day . most of the trailer work in the uk is done by subbies . They only had a handful of artics at Erith (2014) mainly for the night trunks and bulk collections rest was ridgids on pallet work and collecting groupage . As said I found them quite good and easy work . Only really left because of late start times and the time it took me to get to erith at those times of day . (Up to 90 mins from Maidstone) I think the have added a few depots in Europe. I used to load out of one near Charles de Gaulle mid 90s