Honey, I Shrunk The Bridge

Abut 18 months ago I posted this :-

Well, now it looks like this :-

For those on little phone screens the first one says 13’0" 4.1m and the latest 12’9" 3.8m.

The change was some time ago and I have been meaning to take a photo since then. No resurfacing or bridge lowering that I can see :unamused:

If it is useful to anybody it is here, on the A5104 between Penyfford and Pontblyddyn :-

google.co.uk/maps/place/Pen … 4d-3.04468

Must have something to do with all the folliage… :smiley: …very strange i must say…unless theyre measuring sticks are wrong.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142541&p=2246392#p2246392

How many foreign lorries running at 4m hit that bridge before the council did something about it I wonder.

I’ve been under that bridge loads of times…On my motorbike
Last I read about this particular incident, the local highways authority were about to admit liability or something approaching that then it all went quiet

mrginge:
Another 4m truck hits the 4.1m Bridge? - #3 by manski - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

How many foreign lorries running at 4m hit that bridge before the council did something about it I wonder.

At least 2…

Isn’t it just cause your further away. :wink:

Dipper_Dave:
Isn’t it just cause your further away. :wink:

I have to admit I never thought of that :blush: I was in the car so maybe if the bridge had seen a truck coming it would have lifted up a bit and the signs changed back to 4.1 :laughing:

I used to deliver to a farm down Stryt Isa and the farmer told me to use that way in and ignore the signs on the bridge…he was correct although the information I had suggested otherwise.

bigdave789:
I’ve been under that bridge loads of times…On my motorbike
Last I read about this particular incident, the local highways authority were about to admit liability or something approaching that then it all went quiet

If the bridge was mis signed, that may have encouraged them to double check and re sign it.

I run at 12.10 so I’d have maybe hit it as well!!! [emoji15]
I did measure my trailer once with a tape measure and got it at 12.8 but I don’t trust that so left it at 12.10.