Looking for new Job rugby/Northampton area

Good morning.
I live in Northampton and looking for a new job and was wondering which is the best way to go?

I have been looking at agency work for Royal mail at DIRFT and the hours don’t seem to be very long so not sure what the earning potential would be?
NFT through the agency seems to be ok as does stobart and don’t know anything about Malcolm group who are advertising.
Has anyone had experience of these companies please?
Many thanks

somtam:
Good morning.
I live in Northampton and looking for a new job and was wondering which is the best way to go?

I have been looking at agency work for Royal mail at DIRFT and the hours don’t seem to be very long so not sure what the earning potential would be?
NFT through the agency seems to be ok as does stobart and don’t know anything about Malcolm group who are advertising.
Many thanks

You will be drip fed Royal Mail work after an initial honeymoon period. After the honeymoon period you might get one or two days and the rest of the week they’ll palm you off with lower paid work. RM is the bait until the 8 weeks of Christmas. If you really want to get in there take a job as a postie and then apply for any internal vacancy that comes up. This will pay a similar rate to Malcolms who would not feature in my top 1000 firms to work for.

Good luck with the rediculous paperwork at Royal mail agencies :laughing:
They do employ agency people year round ,You need to contact the Manpower agency in the Bagington office royal mail though .Drive up and they have banners outside.I just turned it down.

I’m sure Dixon’s we’re looking for drivers recently, there’s also Warrens.

I’ve been at cemex for nearly 15 years now on tankers, good money and easy work (imo) worth dropping a cv in the post, think we use driver hire for agency staff and once trained you’re in all the time from what I can see.

somtam:
Good morning.

Many thanks

Nft via Adr network agency.Stobart via Logistic people.Dixon via Advance.Royal mail via Manpower.

I hear Maritime are looking somtam? :sunglasses:

See if you can get on at Howdens Joinery at their Northampton RDC. Easy work, good conditions and if you can get in there permanently, good money.

If you looking for agency work, Adam at tom orange recruitment 07789771444 is worth a look, he is always pesting me to do some work for him but i’m busy elsewhere. Staffline got a few contracts in the area (haven’t got there number) Wicks is one of them & primark is a new contract staffline got. Hope that helps

Conor:
See if you can get on at Howdens Joinery at their Northampton RDC. Easy work, good conditions and if you can get in there permanently, good money.

I passed a new depot of theirs earlier today at Raunds. Is that operational yet?

TiredAndEmotional:

Conor:

I passed a new depot of theirs earlier today at Raunds. Is that operational yet?

Don’t think its up and running yet seems ADR are looking for drivers for it moving soon it says…

HGV Class 1 Driver
ADR Network -
ADR Network are looking for Class 1 (C+E) HGV Truck Drivers for immediate start at their client Howdens Kitchens in Northampton.

ADR Network is the UK’s largest agency supplier of professional LGV/HGV drivers. Supplying to major nationwide retailers and distributors, our teams manage the total supply solution on behalf of clients and provide drivers with regular assignment opportunities and other added benefits.

Regular work across Monday to Friday. With both AM and PM start times available.

AM shift duties to include deliveries and PM duties to predominantly include trunking. Mainly Monday to Friday working pattern, with odd weekend days. This client offers a pleasant working environment.

This is regular and ongoing work with immediate starts available.

In the near future the Site will be moving to Raunds.

Candidates must hold a Class 1 (C+E) HGV licence with a minimum 1 year experience.

Contact our Northampton office on 01604 210298 for more information or to arrange an appointment to register with ADR Network.

Job Type: Full-time

Salary: £12.00 to £17.00 /hour

Hi MAP-MAN, I saw your post about you working at cemex on the tankers, I was wondering if you could tell me a little about the job as I am thinking of applying. I live localy and have held c1 for nearly two years. Are the drivers generally happy and are management easy to deal with? (more important in a lot of ways than salary) are the trucks well maintained? (they always look ok to me) I understand that the salary is around 35k for 48hrs and that you will likely work longer and then be stood down to bring your hours back, is all this roughly right? Would you recommend the job personally? I currently deliver tyres on artics so a lot of awkward sites and physical work I’m not the type to sit in a waiting room while someone else unloads so feel like it’s a job I’d suit. Hope that’s not too many questions and appreciate any advice you can offer.
James.

If you’re looking for permanent work PM me and I can tell you about my lot based between Rugby and DIRFT

OLDSALVO:

TiredAndEmotional:

Conor:

Don’t think its up and running yet seems ADR are looking for drivers for it moving soon it says…

HGV Class 1 Driver
ADR Network -
ADR Network are looking for Class 1 (C+E) HGV Truck Drivers for immediate start at their client Howdens Kitchens in Northampton.

ADR Network is the UK’s largest agency supplier of professional LGV/HGV drivers. Supplying to major nationwide retailers and distributors, our teams manage the total supply solution on behalf of clients and provide drivers with regular assignment opportunities and other added benefits.

Regular work across Monday to Friday. With both AM and PM start times available.

AM shift duties to include deliveries and PM duties to predominantly include trunking. Mainly Monday to Friday working pattern, with odd weekend days. This client offers a pleasant working environment.

This is regular and ongoing work with immediate starts available.

In the near future the Site will be moving to Raunds.

Candidates must hold a Class 1 (C+E) HGV licence with a minimum 1 year experience.

Contact our Northampton office on 01604 210298 for more information or to arrange an appointment to register with ADR Network.

Job Type: Full-time

Salary: £12.00 to £17.00 /hour

Adr network talk one today,tomorow will talk another.last years i was worked in one company and found who they looking for trampers for 14ph.I go to registration,pass driving assestment at Wincanton.And after 3 day they said who sorry no tramping but just permament day job for 12ph.When i start work for this job that this job was not permanent but with 3-5 time per day.One day start 10am,another 10pm.

If you want long hours then Warren’s in Rugby would be suggestion.

I have been at Heygates since March and loving it, fairly good money for not many hours I do bulk feed to Farms but we also do curtainsiders and tankers. Real friendly place to work, and directly employed by them. NFT via ADR is rubbish money by the time the umbrella co take their fees.

Why would you traver to Crick every day if you live in Northampton?
If you like very early start, no more than 12hrs and take home over 2k every 4weeks and dont mind working half of weekends of the year, aply for job through Wincanton website (sainsburys contract)…they always looking for drivers who like odd start time…
Easiest job in the world…crapy Actros units tho…