Beast from the East - Show us your journeys last week

“Beast from the East” has caused mayhem across the country last week with people stranded to Greggs offering hot food whilst stranded on the motorways. I would be intrigued to see a picture of everyone’s truck last week wherever you where and quote where in the country you was.

P.S:- Hope you all where safe during last week as we stopped operating for a few days as it was so dangerous out there but needs are must for most of us.

Left Dublin Monday night boat late into Holyhead so missed the Newhaven sailing and headed for the train lost about an hour around Maidstone due to the snow.

Wednesday tipped in Orleans no snow -10 then headed to Auxerre for a 18.00 load, load not ready so took 9 off and loaded at 01.30 no snow at 18.00 but woke up to this

Out of Auxerre flying up the first hill no problem till 50m from the top and there is one lorry across the road and another in a ditch, after an hour and a half the police and gritters have the road open so onwards to Calais, The A6 was a nightmare finally got in the lanes at Calais at 14.10, normally leaving at 02.30 would see you in Calais for 08.30. Rebooked load for Friday morning tipped Friday at Tilbury M2 fine to Tilbury but eastbound multiple accidents tipped no problem loaded out of Kent tipped Peterborough then loaded out of Spalding a few snowdrifts around Spalding but no big deal.

One of ours arrived in Holyhead Thursday morning and was still there Friday night at least I was on the go

lappland life 345.JPGCollected a few logs for the stove,at 70t not too bad for grip :laughing:

Having read some of the early comments on the original thread I doubt there was anything to worry about. Media hysteria apparently, big fuss about nothing. :unamused:
Own up you know who you are. LOL.

hutpik:
0Collected a few logs for the stove,at 70t not too bad for grip :laughing:

If your other half stokes the fire at the same rate as mine that should do you for a couple of days!! :smiley:

lappland life 350.JPGShoul see the week out. :smiley:

We’ve had another truck in today he said…

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mazzer2:
Left Dublin Monday night boat late into Holyhead so missed the Newhaven sailing and headed for the train lost about an hour around Maidstone due to the snow.

Wednesday tipped in Orleans no snow -10 then headed to Auxerre for a 18.00 load, load not ready so took 9 off and loaded at 01.30 no snow at 18.00 but woke up to this

Out of Auxerre flying up the first hill no problem till 50m from the top and there is one lorry across the road and another in a ditch, after an hour and a half the police and gritters have the road open so onwards to Calais, The A6 was a nightmare finally got in the lanes at Calais at 14.10, normally leaving at 02.30 would see you in Calais for 08.30. Rebooked load for Friday morning tipped Friday at Tilbury M2 fine to Tilbury but eastbound multiple accidents tipped no problem loaded out of Kent tipped Peterborough then loaded out of Spalding a few snowdrifts around Spalding but no big deal.

One of ours arrived in Holyhead Thursday morning and was still there Friday night at least I was on the go

Good to see Mr McNally is still operating (knew his brother through Virginia)

Meanwhile in Austria last week-

47703169-1C4F-42B7-8A49-8D437DF683E3.jpeg

Bit of snow on way down

No snow but Germany and Austria really know how to salt the roads!

Hartlepool A689 Tuesday night.

Worlds end, Tilbury last Wednesday morning

Here is my moscow trip last week.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

rear wheel drive, semi slicks, snow…
NOPE
didnt move for 3 days :grimacing:

i might have had a bit of fun in this though…

(2 year old pic, mind.)

had to turn around due to jacknifed wagon further up the road, this was in Stafford heading out toward Brockton

Good to see Mr McNally is still operating (knew his brother through Virginia)
[/quote]
Aye still going strong not easy for the small haulier nowadays

It’s back ,had to go out the front door to get a shovel to move a 3 ft drift from the back door ,it’s quite messy on the road out side ,no one else got it ?

Punchy Dan:
It’s back ,had to go out the front door to get a shovel to move a 3 ft drift from the back door ,it’s quite messy on the road out side ,no one else got it ?

We had a bit last night,.and I had to brave it to go and pick up the Mrs and her mate after midnight from their ‘day out’ :unamused: , …roads were dodgy. :smiling_imp:
Snow gone this morning, but Christ that wind is chilling.
Think there’s more to come, but they reckon not half as bad as last time.

So this time it’s not epic and serious as ‘‘The Beast from the East’’ it’s a bit more…‘‘The pest from the West’’ :laughing:

Plenty of snow in Pateley but it’s wet sort of stuff , supposed to turn to rain in afternoon.
Jim

Was that rush hour Harry :laughing: