Downton

Anyone work for Downton as a tramper ? Curious to know what the typical pay is, and what type of work.
Thanks

It is £9.25 ph and £20 night out .

Sorry it is £19 to sleep in your lorry plus a fiver for food .
Big payers just pipping ES.

Beetlejuice:

What’s ot paid at ?

blue estate:

Beetlejuice:

What’s ot paid at ?

Ha, you cheeky monkey! :stuck_out_tongue:

Trucker2468:
Anyone work for Downton as a tramper ? Curious to know what the typical pay is, and what type of work.
Thanks

Look on there website under careers.Full list of the depots and wages.Wich makes a nice change from most of them.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

They do InBev from Magor,britvic from Lutterworth and Leeds and Magners cider from S/West if that’s any help…

As far as their website goes rest day working is £10.50 an hour.
Hurry.
You’ll want to be first in the queue.

Never had the pleasure personally, but two good mates worked there and they weren’t impressed ( that’s being polite). That was the runcorn depot

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Steve66:
Hurry.

If you don’t like the rate,don’t apply, but as your on mega money, why not slate it off, as you have worked there I guess.

For some that’s a good rate, depending on the hours worked, 2x15 and 3x13. That gives him £724 top line + nights out,
More than you get on benefits.

biggriffin:

Steve66:
Hurry.

If you don’t like the rate,don’t apply, but as your on mega money, why not slate it off, as you have worked there I guess.

For some that’s a good rate, depending on the hours worked, 2x15 and 3x13. That gives him £724 top line + nights out,

Nobody is on mega money driving trucks but £9 is ■■■■ in the midlands. Dpd pay more on 3.5 vans pal .
I suspect you are on ■■■■ money .

Harry Monk:

blue estate:

Beetlejuice:

What’s ot paid at ?

Am i missing somEthing here ?
Fixed for the pedants . :laughing:

Off the web site

Beetlejuice:

Harry Monk:

blue estate:

Beetlejuice:

What’s ot paid at ?

Am i missing somthing here ?

Yes!!![emoji23]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Beetlejuice:
Off the web site

How is the basic £9.45hr yet after 50hrs it’s STILL £9.45hr!!!

Are truck drivers really that thick!!![emoji52]

Big Truck:

Beetlejuice:
Off the web site

truck drivers really that thick!!![emoji52]

Yes they are to work for Downtrodden .

Beetlejuice:

Big Truck:

Beetlejuice:
Off the web site

truck drivers really that thick!!![emoji52]

Yes they are to work for Downtrodden .

[emoji106]

Forget the rate of pay that’s the least of your problems working for this outfit…
Put it this way if they were offering £50 an hour I wouldn’t go back,my health and sanity is worth more…

Paging eagerbeaver. Eagerbeaver to the burgundy courtesy phone. :smiley:

I work for Downton, and am happy with my lot, tramping on rolling shifts 5/3 5/2.

I find that the work is fairly varied, not much in the way of RDC ■■■■■■■■. It’s pretty much impossible to work for the firm without carrying paper reels and baled waste paper. In my experience the office is fair, and you’re not rushing and last days are respected. You’re left to get on with the job. Maintenance is good and there isn’t any fussing about getting important things fixed.

There are downsides of course - you won’t be making mega money, the trucks are all poverty spec, albeit with the SuperSpace cabs. Nobody really makes an effort to keep the trucks and trailers looking good, it’s only a handful of drivers who go the extra mile.

It’s easy to trash a big company, I’m not going to claim they’re perfect, but especially as a newbie (been on the road for just about a year now, they took me on while the ink was still wet on my licence) I’ve not experienced any of the common horror stories.

They run legal, fair work, sensible schedules, good maintenance, decent kit. If you fit in, you’ll end up staying for a long time, if you don’t, you’ll hate it and leave pronto - that’s the best summary I can give.

Beetlejuice:

Sorry it is £19 to sleep in your lorry plus a fiver for food .
Big payers just pipping ES.

Jesus our lowest paid warehouse bods are paid over a pound per hour more than that :unamused:

biggriffin:

Steve66:
Hurry.

It’s not a good rate ffs but loads of hours only masks that! You’re working two jobs there… a cleaner could earn that…