Salvage work

Good evening all.
Next week I have an interview with a salvage company and I have a couple of questions.
What is best to wear to the interview ? Daft as it sounds, but obviously I don’t want to turn up wearing a suit or any thing stupid, so would jeans and a jumper be suitable ?
Also,this is my first driving job interview so what questions should I ask and what should I expect ?
Sorry if this seems trivial stuff, I am a bit excited and nervous at the same time. Thank you

Jeans and a jumper will be fine. New black work trousers, the type with pockets all over the place would probably be marginally better than jeans. As for the questions, I’d just turn up and go with the flow. I imagine a question they will ask you quite early on is “When can you start?” :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks Harry

They might ask you “How much do you want to earn?”

If it’s anything like the one near me and you get the job, what you wore on the interview will be the least of your worries!

Harry Monk:
Jeans and a jumper will be fine. New black work trousers, the type with pockets all over the place would probably be marginally better than jeans. As for the questions, I’d just turn up and go with the flow. I imagine a question they will ask you quite early on is “When can you start?” :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d be nervous of someone with too many pockets especially if they are in irregular places. I think standard pockets be better.

Find out who his team is and wear appropriate bobble hat and be wise on team selection.

i wouldnt wear anything that looked expensive .no immac white trainers or gold necklace . id wear a dark top that had elasticated cuffs and waist anything that [to me] indicates “grafter”

Just to look clean and tidy does the trick, i certainly wouldnt even wear a suit for a driving job interview…imagine if they ask you to do a driving test, pick up/drop a trailer, and you end up getting grease all over it, unless you carry overalls…which is a great idea…i would imagine there are various types of salvage job…do you mean working in a breakers yard…or going to sea and salvaging submerged ships…let me know cos i`m curious…and good luck.

truckyboy:
Just to look clean and tidy does the trick, i certainly wouldnt even wear a suit for a driving job interview…imagine if they ask you to do a driving test, pick up/drop a trailer, and you end up getting grease all over it, unless you carry overalls…which is a great idea…i would imagine there are various types of salvage job…do you mean working in a breakers yard…or going to sea and salvaging submerged ships…let me know cos i`m curious…and good luck.

Hi there, its driving a car transporter picking up damaged vehicles.

Anything like Charles Trent near me and all you need to wear is a pulse*

*Pulse optional

Cocrap. Sorry copart by anychance

I wouldn’t turn up in jeans and jumper if its somewhere like Copart.

Trousers, shoes, shirt, tie and take driving clothes with you but make sure they’re smart i,e proper drivers trousers not your best baggy joggers and greasy rigger boots.

I’ve always gone for driving job interviews in a suit, its never been a problem. Funnily enough I’ve never failed to get a job I’ve applied for as well although I have heard plenty of comments about it being nice to see someone dressed properly for an interview as well as one where he said someone turned up in jeans and a t-shirt and was instantly shown the door.

Small owner driver family haulier it may not be an issue. Business that has public customers or doesn’t do haulage as its main business then it needs shirt and tie.

It’s not Copart but a company that does more or less the same as them. I don’t want to name them just in case.

theflyingdustman:

truckyboy:

What area? Is o/t paid cash in hand? Do you get a free tank of fuel for the car once a month?

I’ve just Googled Copart and see they have a place in Newbury…is that the only place they have?

Formally known as universal salvage, depot at sandy (beds) sandwich, sanctify, and I think Scotland, near 4th bridge. They reckon £30k+ a year, more collections more money, bonus of some description.

Actrosman:

theflyingdustman:

truckyboy:

What area? Is o/t paid cash in hand? Do you get a free tank of fuel for the car once a month?

I’ve just Googled Copart and see they have a place in Newbury…is that the only place they have?

No they have a few. Look at the vacancy page for details. Also wisbech which is my local one

kcrussell25:

Actrosman:

theflyingdustman:

truckyboy:

No they have a few. Look at the vacancy page for details. Also wisbech which is my local one

Got ya…if it had of been the salvage yard near me, I’d have told you to stay well clear…proper iffy!

Smart casual.

Suit ? No just no .

Why not a suit collar and tie with polished shoes. He is going to a business meeting and should look and act the part. There is a big salvage yard at Inverkiething on the North side of the FORTH bridges. Good luck with it .