Wages go up.Please apply ASAP

jobsearch.direct.gov.uk/GetJob. … ver+(C%26E&rad=20&rad_units=miles&pp=25&sort=rv.dt.di&vw=b&re=134&setype=2&tjt=lgv+driver&where=le3+0dx&tm=7&AVSDM=2018-02-17T12%3a19%3a00-05%3a00

When they closed Harlow a few years ago their drivers were on around the £15ph mark…plenty of weekend work!

I was trying to keep this quiet … :confused: :laughing:

The Ideal Candidate

Do you have a passion to deliver a great customer service?

Do you thrive whilst working in a supportive team?

Are you reliable and a great timekeeper?

Can you adapt to working in a fast paced ever changing environment?

Do you take responsibility for your own safety and others whilst at work?

Would you go the extra mile for stores?

Nope.

£12.061

Andrejs:
£12.061

And any 5 from 7 :unamused:

That reads more likely like a job to work in a store,than driving a shopping trolley.

ezydriver:

Andrejs:
£12.061

Its not exactly the best advert, weekends are paid at a higher rate, bank holidays are paid at a higher rate & no mention of early start payment,

selby newcomer:

ezydriver:

Andrejs:
£12.061

Its not exactly the best advert, weekends are paid at a higher rate, bank holidays are paid at a higher rate & no mention of early start payment,

Do people really get dark money these days ?

chester1:

We do. £2 extra an hour if working between 7pm and 5am.

chester1:

I do, time and a 3rd for any hours before 6am.
Usually start between 2-4 am as I like the early starts so can be quite a good sum each month.

Anymore first hand info on this?

Would be interesting to know how the premiums, eg weekend earlies lates overtime etc work out, if that 12.06 is the basic then it could still be a decent number.
OK so its not in the old Tesco league, but then nor are many other jobs what they once were, beats the hell out of £9 an hour and £11 after 50 hours though (and calculated weekly so you could lose some overtime already earned by having a 6 hour friday :unamused: ), and you would struggle to find an easier job.

Juddian:
Would be interesting to know how the premiums, eg weekend earlies lates overtime etc work out, if that 12.06 is the basic then it could still be a decent number.
OK so its not in the old Tesco league, but then nor are many other jobs what they once were, beats the hell out of £9 an hour and £11 after 50 hours though (and calculated weekly so you could lose some overtime already earned by having a 6 hour friday :unamused: ), and you would struggle to find an easier job.

Exactly why I’m asking. I’ve heard so many versions of what working for these is like I’d like to see if I can get two to match lol

Andrejs:
https://jobsearch.direct.gov.uk/GetJob.aspx?JobID=45326964&JobTitle=HGV+Driver+(C%26E)&rad=20&rad_units=miles&pp=25&sort=rv.dt.di&vw=b&re=134&setype=2&tjt=lgv+driver&where=le3+0dx&tm=7&AVSDM=2018-02-17T12%3A19%3A00-05%3A00

I worked as a driver at Tesco before going on to driving for a promotional show company because it was far more interesting and better pay but when I worked for them the pay was much higher than 12 quid and hour.

toonsy:

Juddian:

Exactly why I’m asking. I’ve heard so many versions of what working for these is like I’d like to see if I can get two to match lol

What do you want to know??

selby newcomer:

toonsy:

Juddian:

Rough take home pay. Rough (actual) working hours. Overtime available. Is it banked overtime (I’ve heard overtime is paid quarterly). Weekly pay? Stuff like that

selby newcomer:

toonsy:

Juddian:

If you’re happy to tell, i’d like to know…

what sort of shift patterns are involved, do you (as we do) have to accept whatever’s offered to get a start and once you have completed X amount of time and proved yourself you can apply for other shifts as they become available.
number of basic hours,
typical average hours expected, overtime expected (not exactly forced overtime but you might be out within 6 months if you don’t jump when told?)
are weekend worked basic hours at basic pay
overtime calculated on a daily or weekly basis or different again
overtime rate
shift premiums, apply on overtime rate too?

I’m not asking for take home figures, because that all depends on how individuals work and their shift patterns etc.

reason i’m asking is purely for comparison purposes, i’m not looking but it always helps to know what’s about, this will also help when we discuss this years round of pay bargaining at our union meetings.

thanks for any info.

toonsy:
Rough take home pay. Rough (actual) working hours. Overtime available. Is it banked overtime (I’ve heard overtime is paid quarterly). Weekly pay? Stuff like that

Pay is every 4 weeks, so 13 payments a year, overtime is time & a half after 42.5 hours, shift length is 9.25 hrs, less 45 mins break, so 8.5 paid. Saturday & Sunday is time and a quarter, not great I know, bank holidays are time & a half plus a lieu day, work between 10pm & 6am pays a 25% of hourly rate allowance, so £15 an hour for Hinckley.

Anything over 42.5 hrs is banked hours & is paid every 4 weeks, not quarterly. DC where I’m at there’s plenty of overtime, basically do as many hours as you want, some go home after 9.25 hours, some do much more. Can work rest days which is paid at time and a half.

The rota i work is a mixture of weekends on & weekends off, it’s alright on end you get used to it, some drivers switched to permanent tues - sat rota but I like the variety so I stayed as I was.

Pay rate at DC I’m at is higher so I’m not gonna say my take home pay but it’s easy enough to work out from the info I’ve given & the hourly rate advertised for Hinckley.

It’s one of them jobs where you keep your head down if you wanna get left alone, no hassle from office, left alone to get job done but it has its usual big company rubbish that some people can’t get used to.

Let me know if you wanna know anymore

Many thanks for that, you’ve answered near enough everything i asked as well as Toonsy.

The weekend and bank hol rates are a little disappointing for the golden triangle, but the overtime rate is correct (plus proper night rate) and it doesn’t sound like they’d stitch you up with some short days towards the end of the month to knock your overtime hours back…some poor employers really do this.

If your forum name is a clue to area then by the sounds of it you are on a decent number as your rates are higher, especially for the area, nice one :sunglasses: edit i is idiot, have just seen the sig under forum name :unamused: