DART tags — valid?

Back when i was Ltd Co I opened my account & I got the tag so that I could use it when driving any truck. But with the changes how the toll was levied it was necessary to register a specific vehicle ie: my car to keep the account open.
Rummaging around in the glovebox I’ve found my old DART Tag And wondered if tags where still used even with the use of anpr at the crossing. Is the tag useable or just a modern day relic ?

No, they haven’t worked for years, all ANPR now. If you’ve driven through the toll with the truck tag in your car glove box then you won’t get charged for it.

Still running with a Dart Tag here, in fact got a new one last March, still beeps as you get to where the old Toll Booths were, had to return two that was allocated to vehicles that have moved on, told they could not be transfer to another vehicle. Dart Tag also commented it’s not a necessity but allows your account to update quicker, updates instantly where as with apnr only it can take up to 48 hours.

Peirre, I’m sure that your old tag will still be valid if there’s credit on it, you’d be best getting in touch with them.

online at gov.uk/dart-charge
over the phone by calling: 0300 300 0120

Found this too

"Existing DART-Tag accounts
We sent you personalised instructions using your DART-Tag contact details before we introduced the changes, telling you how to transfer to Dart Charge

If you have not transferred, your account might not work under the new arrangements. Please call the Dart Charge team on 0300 300 0120."

I had one for my car when I lived in the UK and I’m sure I got one of these letters to say I had to create an account, was a long time ago.

Cheers fellas, there’s always been a tenner or so credit on the account, which was transferred from the old account to the present system when I registered my car registration, I figured if I ever needed to pay for the crossing in a truck I could go online and change the registration number.
I’ll have to take a look at my other tag accounts (Tyne tunnel etc) and either get them switched to the car, or closed