New tramper and loving it

Jwalsh8:
Bit of a random one but just decided to say after 2 years trying to rush about in a max hours job trying both nights and days ive finally gave in to the exhaustion and started tramping. I couldnt do it anymore trying to go all week with 9 hours off three nights in a row then getting left on break for over 3 hours at a tesco depot and having the company getting me to do another 15 because “it will count as a split daily rest”. Dont get me wrong I have plenty of employer options but as im the sole earner at the moment while the kids are still in nappies its not so bad for the bank balance but I really cant take the lack of sleep just to come home and be a grumpy git. So i decided to miss the kids and just keep the fuel money for the weekends but to be honest im really loving it. Im going further to places ive never been. Im not stressed about not getting home and having to sleep under a jacket again. Im eating better and watching the sun go down in a country side layby while watching tv and in the summer im looking forward to going for walks or exploring some of the pubs or villages im always passing through.

I dont really no why im posting this but I just wondered why other people do tramping and I dont mean the guys who just do it for the money but the ones who just do it for the love of it.

I do it for both the money and love of it. Dont be put off by the doom and gloom mob, if youre happy with what youre now doing then good luck to you… :wink: