New tramper and loving it

I say good luck, in finding the work you love, , yes there are always sacrifices when away from home…missing the kids pantomime, school plays,and growing up…been tramping all of my life, and chasing money too, but my work took me all over europe, scandinavia, eastern bloc, middle east, etc…and i loved every minute…stopped in some nice places, weekended in even better ones, learning new languages, and currencies, met some nice people…some great fellow drivers, a lot of foreign ones too…i did miss home at times and the kids growing up, being stuck on a mountain for xmas and new years…but i enjoyed every minute…still doing it as well, but i own 2 homes incl one abroad…i dont have to work now…but i do…all of my 5 girls grown up and settled, and all went to uni as well…so i am well happy…got a lovely wife i met in Bulgaria 30 years ago, and she helped me achieve what we have, both have a Mercedes, me the 320 E class…her a 220 C class…mortgage and debt free, so life and trucking has been good to me, and i couldnt ask for more…carry on fella for as long as the family allows, it has its ups and downs, and i`ve been through 2 marriages before this one, so if your wife is understanding, then carry on…if not, dont sacrifice your career for the sake of losing the wife and kids…believe me…you will regret it…good luck.