What’s best / handiest way to wire 1500w inverter in v3 fh13

As above any suggestions greatly received, have a few tools but no drill etc. Any heavy 24v wires around bed anywhere? Thanks in advance

D123:
As above any suggestions greatly received, have a few tools but no drill etc. Any heavy 24v wires around bed anywhere? Thanks in advance

Hi D123,

I’ve got two tips for you.

1.) Make sure that you have the owner’s permission.

2.) If you need suggestions, then you probably need a person who properly understands truck electrics because some circuits are 12V whilst most will be 24V so any mistake could prove to be very expensive.

Leave it to a professional. You’d be shown the door at my place if you started splicing into wires. Fitters are paid to do this kind of thing.

It’s one of my own trucks and have it in UK (I’m from N.Ireland)parked up with no fixed base just tools in my trucks. Im not green when it comes to electronics / wiring, in just asking for advice on any wiring handy around bed area from peeps on here from experience of fitting an inverter, just really to save me time pulling panels off etc,Thanks

D123:
It’s one of my own trucks and have it in UK parked up with no fixed base just tools in my trucks. Im not green when it comes to electronics / wiring, in just asking for advice on any wiring handy around bed area from peeps on here from experience of fitting an inverter, just really to save me time pulling panels off etc,Thanks

As it’s your own truck, you can see why we’ve said what we’ve said above. :smiley:

d123 with that volvo its best for the profs at volvo put many of my own 2000watt in various units but them volvos u can run into problems after fitting .but way i used to fit my own after paying garage once is easy if u find diesel/electrical repair garage they make u up say 15ft of reasonable cable that they would use on the job ask for a 150amp inline fuse this is a must .and them guys put the ends on so shes ready to connect to batts then pick best route from batts to where u want inverter to sit with plenty ties to keep cables awayy from other components .in the end i could fit mine in about 30 mins gd luck

D123…it depends on what the inverter is to be used for…if its just for a tv/kettle etc plug it in the ciggie lighter…if its for a microwave…you will need a higher rated one and the advice normally given is for one double the rating for the microwave…and sinewave is the inverter to buy. These normally should be hot wired to the batteries…and an anderson lead fitted on the end that goes into the cab, not the one that runs a tail lift, but the smaller version, and as said before, get an electrician if your not certain…but it is straight forward.

A 1500w inverter can draw a current of around 75amps when fully loaded and must be wired direct to the battery, never to the truck wiring.

Brilliant for the tips, have 1500w pure sine wave and microwave is 700w so even with double the surge at start up it should be ok. Thanks all again been great help

There’s a 24v power take off, behind the dash on the passenger side, if you lift the grill you will see were it enters the cab, it’s a thick cable with a rubber cover on, between the evaporator and electrical center,… see photo.

THANKS A MILLION,
Thats what I’m after, i will investigate closer on monday. Much appreciated and thanks again!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Do you have an anderson connection on the catwalk? I know a few of our drivers have an anderson lead made up with a massive fuse. I know that there is a hole under the cab in a Scania that you can put the tails through, just make sure you unplug it if you tip the cab.