Staff Line

Just been offered work at Staff Line, Anyone know what they like as a agency? Before anyone says get a fulltime job and stop limping: its suits me
so helpful comments please, thanks

It’s an agency, ergo, they’re ■■■■.

Finished with them last Friday. Started my new permanent position on Monday.

For the most part it suited me till I got this job, a former client, and had a few problems with holiday pay being paid late but you need to figure out how best you manage your local office. Set your parameters out early and stick to them i.e. start times, availability. Was able to email time sheets into the office rather than post for 09:00 Monday.

I never had any comeback for declining certain assignments (a company that I left with no intention of going back even if hell freezes over). Had a couple of late cancellations (less than 3 hours), and asked to do shifts when I’d already accepted another.

Of the 5 agencies I worked for over the years they were probably one of the better and a long way above the worse.

TiredAndEmotional:
It’s an agency, ergo, they’re [zb].

At my agency I get 33 days paid holiday which I can take as and when I wish, full uniform including trousers and polo shirts, pension, guaranteed minimum hours a week and one of the higher rates of pay in the area. How is that crap?

Conor:

TiredAndEmotional:

At my agency I get 33 days paid holiday which I can take as and when I wish, full uniform including trousers and polo shirts, pension, guaranteed minimum hours a week and one of the higher rates of pay in the area. How is that crap?

That sounds too good to be true, but top marks if it is why would you ever want to work for anyone else

TiredAndEmotional:

In my short career, I’ve had more crashes than an old windows computer with no updates and antivirus software. And both agencies have stuck up for me and always paid me. I’ve had a small amount of grief - but that was mainly me worrying after stuff I’ve read on here. If I’d been an employed driver I’d have been sacked a couple of times over by now.

I earn more per hour than most PAYE experienced drivers - and I can pick and chose when I work. I decided to take most of the week off. I got a few annoying calls asking/begging me to work but that’s it. I earlier refused two shifts for mon/tues. They came back and offered me more money so I accepted. PAYE staff would do what they were told and put up with it. I was asked to go back to one place which I didn’t like - I refused and was offered another job instead. Yet so many on here whinge about hating their job.

Now… agency isn’t the right job if you need guaranteed income and you are relying on it to pay for your food and mortgage. If you are a new driver looking for the experience they are top notch. And if you want to pick and chose when you work like me they are fantastic. I really like both my agencies and would recommend them happily.

Please do recommend pm if necessary and you don’t want to post it

jbaz73:

DriverHire Birmingham.

Tomlin Nottingham.

Both fantastic and no messing. Tomlin stood up for me when the company tried not to pay. And driver hire didn’t drop me when I dropped a bollock. Always paid on time - and if anything they both under quote what they will pay me. Could work max hours using the above if I had the time.

Both happy if you say no to a shift. And if you do say no as 7.5T slightly lower than class 2, they will sometimes offer you class 2 money for class 3 work. Both have big corporate clients but stand by their drivers.

Edit - both take on new passes and give you enough work to keep you more than busy.

Years ago I’ve worked for Driverhire in Ipswich, York and Inverness and to be honest found all three perfectly OK.

Thanks for your replies, they were most helpful. Agency not for everyone but it suits lots of other people & most agency are ok some you run a mile from
Thanks again

Conor:

TiredAndEmotional:

And well done you in finding the diamond amongst the coal. However, you’ve been around long enough to know how rare your deal is and how crap agencies are as a rule.

sammym:

jbaz73:

DriverHire Birmingham.

Tomlin Nottingham.

Both fantastic and no messing. Tomlin stood up for me when the company tried not to pay. And driver hire didn’t drop me when I dropped a bollock. Always paid on time - and if anything they both under quote what they will pay me. Could work max hours using the above if I had the time.

Both happy if you say no to a shift. And if you do say no as 7.5T slightly lower than class 2, they will sometimes offer you class 2 money for class 3 work. Both have big corporate clients but stand by their drivers.

Edit - both take on new passes and give you enough work to keep you more than busy.

You’re new to this game and I’m not trying to be derogatory towards you but the situation in your area obviously means they have little choice but to hire new passes. I would suggest you’re seeing things through rose tinted glasses re agencies as time will demonstrate to you but in the meantime good luck!