Eurotunnel freight strange departure schedule

So I arrive at Eurotunnel French side this morning. The app & website saying "fluid no delays 7 departures an hour " So a train should leave every 10 mins or so. Straight through controls into the lanes then boom! Sit there for best part of an hour. App & website still saying no delays etc so I send an email to them not rude just asking WTF basically. This was the reply
Thank you for contacting Eurotunnel Freight.

I have looked into the situation when you arrived on the terminal this morning. We were running with up to 7 departures per hour but it would appear that we were experiencing some minor delays which led to a slightly increased transit time.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your feedback.

Just wanted to get that off my chest

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Pretty standard for the tunnel.

A.

Yeah I’ve been stuck there hours when everything has been apparently running to plan

Adonis.:
Pretty standard for the tunnel.

A.

Yep sure is

You sent an e.mail to them :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: WTF for? So you get on the web and app "fluid no delays 7 departures an hour " then have to wait a bit. Is this your first time travelling with “Bienvenue chez Eurotunnel, Bon Voyage” Happens all the time :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

pierrot 14:
You sent an e.mail to them :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: WTF for? So you get on the web and app "fluid no delays 7 departures an hour " then have to wait a bit. Is this your first time travelling with “Bienvenue chez Eurotunnel, Bon Voyage” Happens all the time :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Yeah probably my 1st time mate FFS

I very rarely cross over to the island but…an hours wait? Not so bad is it??

AndrewG:

No it’s not bad I’ve been there 5/6 hours before. I was just pointing out on this particular occasion the poor communication between said company and the ‘drivers info’ app & website

superscaniaV8:

AndrewG:

No it’s not bad I’ve been there 5/6 hours before. I was just pointing out on this particular occasion the poor communication between said company and the ‘drivers info’ app & website

Ah i see, im with you… :wink:

pierrot 14:

Waiting for an hour to board, blimey happy days…

superscaniaV8:

pierrot 14:

So I presume you drive in the UK too, well actually you obviously do don’t you as you’re using the Chunnell :grimacing:
My point is, when in the UK do you listen to the radio and take all the traffic reports that you hear as gospel? Do you read all those wise words on the overhead gantry’s as “can’t be wrong”? Then when it doesn’t go as planned, "nobody told me that there was a problem on this route that I’m on, I know I’ll ring up the BBC or HA!!!
That was my point

Edited to add ::: If you had been advised on the app that there was an hour delay, you would’ve done what exactly ■■?

he would most likely would have just driven through the lanes straight onto the train with no delay whatsoever… :open_mouth:

dieseldog999:
he would most likely would have just driven through the lanes straight onto the train with no delay whatsoever… :open_mouth:

I wasn’t talking to you DD, you’re just a rebel :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

superscaniaV8:

AndrewG:

Don’t worry about it bud they’re a thick bunch of … on here… :grimacing:

pierrot 14:

superscaniaV8:

pierrot 14:

So I presume you drive in the UK too, well actually you obviously do don’t you as you’re using the Chunnell :grimacing:
My point is, when in the UK do you listen to the radio and take all the traffic reports that you hear as gospel? Do you read all those wise words on the overhead gantry’s as “can’t be wrong”? Then when it doesn’t go as planned, "nobody told me that there was a problem on this route that I’m on, I know I’ll ring up the BBC or HA!!!
That was my point

Edited to add ::: If you had been advised on the app that there was an hour delay, you would’ve done what exactly ■■?

What I would have done exactly is contact my onward driver & tell him not to get out of his scratcher just yet & chill for another hour or so. Then contacted my customer to let him know of the delay. How’s that for you?