Consequences from Tacho tampering

Hampshire Joint operations unit went to town with this guy!
It was a track registered to mainland Europe, and he had a clever device to choose when the tachograph works from what I understand!

I wonder if that will stop anyone else doing it?

Sent down the day after? That’s quick

Only in his shambles of a country can you avoid jail for attempting to kill a policeman by pushing him on to train tracks, attack 2 people with a stiletto and leave one needing surgery, batter 2 girls in full view of cctv leaving one scarred for life yet get 12 weeks for not taking a tea break.

:unamused:

And people wonder why the authorities are despised.

A.

12 weeks bed and breakfast paid for by us. Then shipped off back to where he’s from and free to drive as before as his ban will only apply to the UK. Waste of time and money.

Then, going by the above comments he should’ve got a slap on the wrist a heavy fine and away you go?? :unamused: :unamused:

Adonis > I understand what you’re saying, but these morons that flaunt the transport regs have to be punished when found out, surely?
And I agree with your two examples, the perpetrators in these 2 incidents should have had the book thrown at them but I wont delve too deep as as I don’t know the cases that you mention.

harrawaffa:
12 weeks bed and breakfast paid for by us. Then shipped off back to where he’s from and free to drive as before as his ban will only apply to the UK. Waste of time and money.

What would you suggest should be the punishment for this?

and they have ceased the truck, so the owner has lost the vehicle.

muckles:

harrawaffa:

Send him straight home. Permanent ban on entering the country for the driver. Permanent ban on entering the country for the operator. They wont pay a fine so next best way is to stop them earning money.

harrawaffa:

muckles:

harrawaffa:

Send him straight home. Permanent ban on entering the country for the driver. Permanent ban on entering the country for the operator. They wont pay a fine so next best way is to stop them earning money.

So send him home where even you said he can continue to work and the company might be able to operate in the UK, but not as if it stopping them working in the rest of Europe and don’t bother to fine either of them, I don’t think that would be much of deterrent.

muckles:

harrawaffa:

muckles:

harrawaffa:

So send him home where even you said he can continue to work and the company might be able to operate in the UK, but not as if it stopping them working in the rest of Europe and don’t bother to fine either of them, I don’t think that would be much of deterrent.

Sending him home will save us money rather than keeping Mr. Flipflop fed and watered. What they do in Europe is none of our concern keeping him and his employer off UK roads is. Neither will pay a fine. Firms only pay the fines to release the vehicles. If the vehicle has been seized there’s no incentive for them to pay and Mr. Flipflop is unlikely to have any assets available to cover a sizable fine.

Should stop every truck at Holyhead and Cairnryan. I’d have no problems with VOSA doing that long enough for the point to be made.

i dont believe he got that sentence for a simple tacho fraud.
he must have had something else somewhat serious alongside of the manipulation offence.
that would be a slap and 24 hours parked up normally. possibly wth a fine alongside it.
they have been looking at the cairn and holyhead since the beginning of time,and they still have to find the vast majority of happy must make boat buttons and such…we know we are at it…they know we are at it,we know that they know,and they know that we know that they know…the best part is that similar to traffic cops,they always seem to think they know more than us,hence seldom is anyone caught apart from something daft and of no great importance…happy days. :slight_smile:

Conor:
Should stop every truck at Holyhead and Cairnryan. I’d have no problems with VOSA doing that long enough for the point to be made.

Been happening at those two ports ever since tacho’s came out, anyone who has spent any time running on the bang will tell you that they are the most observant driver about as the consequences of having an accident are all to obvious. As opposed to Mr FedEx running perfectly ‘legal’ with his thumb up his arse yet can’t see a lit up lorry and ploughs into the back of it I know who I would rather be running with.

Mazzer2:

Conor:

Been happening at those two ports ever since tacho’s came out, anyone who has spent any time running on the bang will tell you that they are the most observant driver about as the consequences of having an accident are all to obvious. As opposed to Mr FedEx running perfectly ‘legal’ with his thumb up his arse yet can’t see a lit up lorry and ploughs into the back of it I know who I would rather be running with.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

+1
says it all really… :wink:

dieseldog999:
he must have had something else somewhat serious alongside of the manipulation offence.
that would be a slap and 24 hours parked up normally. possibly wth a fine alongside it.
they have been looking at the cairn and holyhead since the beginning of time,and they still have to find the vast majority of happy must make boat buttons and such…we know we are at it…they know we are at it,we know that they know,and they know that we know that they know…the best part is that similar to traffic cops,they always seem to think they know more than us,hence seldom is anyone caught apart from something daft and of no great importance…happy days. :slight_smile:

^^^
Agree, its got to be more than tacho manipulation to get that sentence. With encryption impossible to detect, it must have been the easy to detect hard wired version, the type dvsa find with a simple volt meter looking for current drain.

AndrewG:

dieseldog999:

^^^
Agree, its got to be more than tacho manipulation to get that sentence. With encryption impossible to detect, it must have been the easy to detect hard wired version, the type dvsa find with a simple volt meter looking for current drain.

He had the modified sender with the circuit board wired in. Someone put it on the hgv mechanics page on Facebook

Thank god it wasnt for a magnet… :smiley: …truck confiscated…what if it was a Rental ■■ are they legally entitled to take it ? as for the ban…and seeing as most have the same names or similar…will just apply for a new licence…different address…jobs a good un.

Mazzer2:

The only reason they don’t have accidents is down to the competence and ability of those around them. It certainly isn’t down to their own driving. There are certainly at least a dozen Irish drivers who are only alive today because the Dutch driver I was double manning with was able to react quicker than the Paddies tanking down the A75 at 60+ towards us even though we were pulling a 12ft wide 100ft long 100 tonne wind turbine mast. Several of them would have ended up being embedded in the mast base had he not taken evasive action.

Conor:

Mazzer2:

The only reason they don’t have accidents is down to the competence and ability of those around them. It certainly isn’t down to their own driving. There are certainly at least a dozen Irish drivers who are only alive today because the Dutch driver I was double manning with was able to react quicker than the Paddies tanking down the A75 at 60+ towards us even though we were pulling a 12ft wide 100ft long 100 tonne wind turbine mast. Several of them would have ended up being embedded in the mast base had he not taken evasive action.

And you have proof that they were on the bang, stupid driving doesn’t mean you are on the bang as recent evidence shows, doubt Mr Fedex had even heard of the phrase

Conor:
There are certainly at least a dozen Irish drivers who are only alive today because the Dutch driver I was double manning with was able to react quicker than the Paddies tanking down the A75 at 60+ towards us even though we were pulling a 12ft wide 100ft long 100 tonne wind turbine mast. Several of them would have ended up being embedded in the mast base had he not taken evasive action.

Considering you were grossing about 130-150 ton and about 130 feet long, I am struggling to grasp the physics here.

That is you were quicker to manoeuvre than the 44t Paddy V8 that was firing out enough NOX to cause a microclimate on the 75.

It a real tragedy you and your co-hero quit because it is now total carnage on that road. At least a dozen incompetent Paddies impaled on a wind turbine at 100kph every week.

A real life Superhero, Walter Mitty or part time racist I just can’t tell. Hmm…

Conor:

Thing is, they are self financing nowadays, and a lot of people will say that s wrong, but if people flout the law, and are caught, then self financing means more of them to get the cowboys off the road, and if you are doing nothing wrong, then you have nothing to fear.

Ken.