Consequences from Tacho tampering

Adonis.:

Rjan:
Perhaps the difference is that, ironically, the apparently more serious crooks tend to have carried out an impulsive act and learn their lessons easier.

The person who fiddles their tacho every single day, picks the pockets of every honest operator every single day - and it’s consistent with our experience that they do not desist easily, that others follow suit, and that there are too large a number of them around.

We would not tolerate a person every day stepping into the high street and moving through a crowd of people and inflicting a small cut with a scalpel on each one - even if the harm inflicted by each cut is minor on average.

The fact that such a person would be treated more seriously than a knifeman who attacks a single person on a single occasion, and maybe seriously injures them, is perfectly consistent with our perception of the seriousness of certain mentalities.

I can say with confidence that, forced to choose between an infinitesimal risk of being seriously assaulted (in circumstances that are probably foreseeable and avoidable anyway), and forced to run a gauntlet of a thousand cuts (from a multitude of like-minded people) every time I leave the front door, I’d choose the former.

Stop drinking things in the COSHH cupboard, you moonhowling fruit loop.

A.

^^^^^^^

FROFLPMSL… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: