LED Beacons

I have 2 beacons on the roof of my Daf CF but want to fit some LED Beacons to the front of the truck that will work with the roof ones when I press the switch in the truck.

What is the best was to wire them up to work together and also to fee the wire to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would find the live feed to the switch and use quick splice connectors into it to run a live cable to the new strobes. The earth can be earthed anywhere. You’ll find there will likely be a sync and pattern cable on the strobes. Usually touch the pattern cable to live or earth to select the pattern depends on the make/model. The sync cable can be connected together to make sure the lights flash either together or alternate depending on flash pattern selected. Some strobes have weird config where the synch or pattern wires have to be connected to the live, or to each other. Just read the instructions on the strobes.

Madmax2018:
I have 2 beacons on the roof of my Daf CF but want to fit some LED Beacons to the front of the truck that will work with the roof ones when I press the switch in the truck.

What is the best was to wire them up to work together and also to fee the wire to?

Can I ask why you want to fit them? What type of vehicle is it? Are they really needed? Sorry for being so nosey but got to say I find a lot of these beacons unnecessary and very distracting especially at night.

I find these strobing lights if they’re not required by law (wide loads etc) are just for poseurs and are totally unesersary [emoji38]
I’ve been doing building site work for about 13 years and I can’t remember one occasion when I was turned away because I didn’t have them.
Then again, am I just being bitter because I’ve never had a boss that would buy them for me■■? [emoji848]

These led ‘beacons’ which only flash about the same rate as indicators and are placed at the back of the truck in the same area of the rear lights are not great. Just looks like it is continually indicating

Leave them on when doing normal driving and I will find you , kill you , burn your body , bury you , dig you up and kill you again ! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji38][emoji38]
Please fit them properly, level, nicely spaced and a nice bright light and not like so many that look like cheap Christmas fairy lights .
I had a strobe kit on the headlights of a recovery truck but it ate bulbs and I disconnected it because it made me feel ill when used if working in darkness .
They also make it difficult to spot people on foot at the work area at night .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Rick W:

Madmax2018:

Can I ask why you want to fit them? What type of vehicle is it? Are they really needed? Sorry for being so nosey but got to say I find a lot of these beacons unnecessary and very distracting especially at night.

I drive a Crane Lorry for containers and cabins that also takes abnormal loads so need the Beacons for both but my work won’t fit them as they are tight.

Your vehicle is obviously legal the way it is. The beacons on it already are surely more than adequate so why would you want to put more on it? Sorry but I cannot see any sense in what you are wanting to do.

If you have to…

Have the ■■■■ things at all.

Please, have a great big warning light installed on your dashboard telling you that they are switched on and turn them off EVERY time you don’t need them.

yourhavingalarf:
If you have to…

Please, have a great big warning light installed on your dashboard telling you that they are switched on and turn them off EVERY time you don’t need them.

Big +1

Rick W:

yourhavingalarf:
If you have to…

Big +1

Bigger +2

nomiS36:

Rick W:

yourhavingalarf:
If you have to…

Big +1

Bigger +2

An even BIGGER 3,

With added, only put them on when you have a proper wide load on, not 1" over the side, or a bloody bomag roller.

Rick W:
Your vehicle is obviously legal the way it is. The beacons on it already are surely more than adequate so why would you want to put more on it? Sorry but I cannot see any sense in what you are wanting to do.

Iirc to meet chapter 8 compliance and cross rail a led / beacon must be visible from every angle .

Punchy Dan:

Rick W:

Iirc to meet chapter 8 compliance and cross rail a led / beacon must be visible from every angle .

If that’s the case, his employer should install them (along with an idiot light in the cab).

On the other hand, beacons lighting everything up for 5 miles for a bobcat on the back are a good indicator that the driver will cut you up/hang you out or shave past you in a narrow bit, so maybe they are useful!!!

I only have beacons.
Maybe if I had some of those super bright strobes,more drivers would notice me,and avoid crunching their nearside mirrors in the trees.