Tachograph in 67 Plate Daf

I have just started driving my new 67 Plate Daf Cf and the first 2 days had problems with the tachograph and my drivers hours and daily rest.

I am used to driving a 07 Plate Daf cf that you just pull your card out and next day put back in and drive but my new truck you have to put in on rest before taking the card out and make sure it stays on rest all night until I get back in the truck in the morning.

Someone could of told us about this as our other trucks that are newish don’t have to do this either but is there anyway to set the tachograph to go into rest when you finish just in case I forgot at the end of the day ? As if I forget then my next day can be messed up with drivers hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What mode the tachograph is in when you remove or insert the card doesn’t affect what is recorded for the time the card is out. Only your manual entries do that.
Do a manual entry every time you insert your card and you can be sure that it has recorded rest for that period.

As has been said, doing a manual entry when you insert the card will solve your problem.

Sent from my mobile.

If I may…

If your not tramping why would you put it on rest before you removed your card card as you are not going on rest immediately you would be doing approximately 10-15minutes other work whilst walking from vehicle to office & de-briefing so to ME!! It would be incorrect recording of your activities

I just do a manual entry to show the post brief & pre brief

TheNewBoy:
If I may…

If your not tramping why would you put it on rest before you removed your card card as you are not going on rest immediately you would be doing approximately 10-15minutes other work whilst walking from vehicle to office & de-briefing so to ME!! It would be incorrect recording of your activities

I very much doubt dvsa would take much interest in a walk to the office to hand paperwork in classing that as other work once finished for the day.
Doing manual entries to show time taken to pick up/drop off paperwork does seem a little ott to me…

AndrewG:
I very much doubt dvsa would take much interest in a walk to the office to hand paperwork in classing that as other work once finished for the day.
Doing manual entries to show time taken to pick up/drop off paperwork does seem a little ott to me…

I do agree it would depend on the individual enforcement officer, but if they were to check the time you downloaded your card (which is classed as work) it may be 5-10 minutes after when you say that you started your daily or weekly rest

AndrewG:

TheNewBoy:
If I may…

It depends on the situation though, I’ve worked at a few companies where you could spend half hour or more in the office before getting a unit, ad another half hour or more at the end of the shift waiting for some office bod jumping through hoops trying to make it look like they’re actually needed, and without manual entries you can be looking at considerably more than 10/15 minute handing in keys.

I’ve no idea how the DVSA look on this sort of thing but I wouldn’t want to be the one to test the water by telling them that I don’t book all the work I do :wink:

tachograph:

AndrewG:

TheNewBoy:
If I may…

It depends on the situation though, I’ve worked at a few companies where you could spend half hour or more in the office before getting a unit, ad another half hour or more at the end of the shift waiting for some office bod jumping through hoops trying to make it look like they’re actually needed, and without manual entries you can be looking at considerably more than 10/15 minute handing in keys.

I’ve no idea how the DVSA look on this sort of thing but I wouldn’t want to be the one to test the water by telling them that I don’t book all the work I do :wink:

Don’t know about you, but the handful of times the ministry have had my tacho in thier hands checking it, they have never asked what time I started or ended a shift, did/does VOSA/DVSA ask you this when they do a roadside check? I don’t know not had the pleasure of a tug since before 2000.

Well… in the 20 years of commercial driving I have never been pulled by ministry

Jinxed myself now [emoji851]

TheNewBoy:
Well… in the 20 years of commercial driving I have never been pulled by ministry

Jinxed myself now [emoji851]

Pay a fiver, and a layby lady will pull ya. :smiley:

If you want the tacho to stay on the mode you choose ,take it to a dealer and get them to set the tacho to no change …All tachos come from the manufacture pre set …So if you put it on rest then switch the ign on it goes to work .If you want it to stay on rest Then the settings need changed at the dealer …If the customer never asked for it to be set to no change the dealer won’t then set it…I set them all to no change ,never any complaints ,spend more time altering tachos from other dealers who have left them as is

Madmax2018:
Someone could of told us about this as our other trucks that are newish don’t have to do this either but is there anyway to set the tachograph to go into rest when you finish just in case I forgot at the end of the day ? As if I forget then my next day can be messed up with drivers hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why aren’t you doing manual entries? The reason you’re getting the problems is because you’re not doing a manual entry. You know when you put your card in and it displayes “Manual Entry?” you select YES and then put the info in.

I was stopped today by police and had exactly the same thing!
Tacho been recording other work when ive been at home in bed!

Copper said just put it on rest before I take my card out.

AndrewG:

I sat waiting 40 minutes to get my keys and paperwork yesterday. Depending on how many are in the office and how icy the windows on my car are when I finish in a morning I can take 15-20 minutes between taking my card out and finally getting in my car to go home because the parking bays are nowhere near the transport office.

where I do most of my work you be out the door if you don’t do manual entries. I had a ticking off a while back because when I started work, my load wasn’t ready so when I did the manual entry I put it on POA from the start of shift. I have been told I must show at least 1 minute on cross hammers, because it is classed as work while they tell me to sit down and wait for the load.

The joys of working for blue chip companies :confused:

elsa Lad:
where I do most of my work you be out the door if you don’t do manual entries. I had a ticking off a while back because when I started work, my load wasn’t ready so when I did the manual entry I put it on POA from the start of shift. I have been told I must show at least 1 minute on cross hammers, because it is classed as work while they tell me to sit down and wait for the load.

The joys of working for blue chip companies :confused:

^^ the problem with road haulage these days ^^

If they want to fine me for 15 minutes after my cards pulled then they can have my keys and poke them where the sun don’t shine.

Are we really getting down to this level of fear of accounting for fifteen minutes.

I despair

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

weeto:
^^ the problem with road haulage these days ^^

That they do things properly? I’ve never known an industry filled with so many people actually wanting to do things illegally and dangerously. And then they have the audacity to whine and ■■■■■ when they get caught or straight off to a solicitor for compo when they inevitably injure themselves.

P Stoff:
If they want to fine me for 15 minutes after my cards pulled then they can have my keys and poke them where the sun don’t shine.

Are we really getting down to this level of fear of accounting for fifteen minutes.

I despair

I bet you think of yourself as a professional driver don’t you? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Conor:

P Stoff:

I despair

I bet you think of yourself as a professional driver don’t you? [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Better than some, not as good as others.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk