Tachograph in 67 Plate Daf

AndrewG:

TheNewBoy:
If I may…

If your not tramping why would you put it on rest before you removed your card card as you are not going on rest immediately you would be doing approximately 10-15minutes other work whilst walking from vehicle to office & de-briefing so to ME!! It would be incorrect recording of your activities

I just do a manual entry to show the post brief & pre brief

I very much doubt dvsa would take much interest in a walk to the office to hand paperwork in classing that as other work once finished for the day.
Doing manual entries to show time taken to pick up/drop off paperwork does seem a little ott to me…

It depends on the situation though, I’ve worked at a few companies where you could spend half hour or more in the office before getting a unit, ad another half hour or more at the end of the shift waiting for some office bod jumping through hoops trying to make it look like they’re actually needed, and without manual entries you can be looking at considerably more than 10/15 minute handing in keys.

I’ve no idea how the DVSA look on this sort of thing but I wouldn’t want to be the one to test the water by telling them that I don’t book all the work I do :wink: