You Have Been Warned

Hard to believe this is happening in this day and age
truckingmag.co.uk/news/more-tha … emissions/

I find it harder to believe that such steps are necessary in order to keep a lorry out of the workshops.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Crikey that will have them sweating ten days to fix and a £300 fine.

How about a £3000 fine for the first offence and a 7 day revocation of their ‘O’ licence for the second.

newmercman:
I find it harder to believe that such steps are necessary in order to keep a lorry out of the workshops.

Euro 4 and 5 were a pita but people have got them sorted now, but the euro 6 are going to financially ■■■■ their owners time after time after time :open_mouth:

30 years ago a truck was parked against the fence when it needed major repairs ie engine or gearbox, now it stupid emissions or wiring related issues.

Tell me about it, I’ve got one with all the emission crap on it and I want to set the poxy thing alight.

They are appealing this one it would seem

gloucestershirelive.co.uk/ne … er-1177389

With EGR, SCR and DPF delete flash mapped into the ecu and relevant components blocked off or removed fuel economy and power/torque improves. Couple that without Adblu cost and its no wonder its rife…

at least as far as some of the hooligans over here are concerned,then so long as vosa is concentrating over adblu then it means less attention to the diesel tank,so happy days there… :wink:

Surprised they released that press release because it clearly states what happens to anyone who is caught with one of those devices. Absolutely ■■■■ all. Providing it’s rectified within 10 days it won’t cost the haulier a penny, other than a bit of pocket money to lift the prohibition. In typical VOSA/DVSA fashion, they’ve simply taught everyone how to break the law so that even more people will do it. Everyone knows how to fiddle a digi tachograph thanks to VOSA bragging about it when they caught the first one. If they kept quiet about it there’s no way in this world would it be so prolific because it wasn’t well known.

In the past DVSA have been telling lies about operators loosing their license because they were caught with a device fitted. You have to read well into their press releases, right at the bottom to see the actual reason the haulier is in bother and it’s never anything to do with emissions. Lying scumbags who have to rely on scaremongering to do their job because they’re always one step behind the law breakers.

maurice:
Surprised they released that press release because it clearly states what happens to anyone who is caught with one of those devices. Absolutely [zb] all. Providing it’s rectified within 10 days it won’t cost the haulier a penny, other than a bit of pocket money to lift the prohibition. In typical VOSA/DVSA fashion, they’ve simply taught everyone how to break the law so that even more people will do it. Everyone knows how to fiddle a digi tachograph thanks to VOSA bragging about it when they caught the first one. If they kept quiet about it there’s no way in this world would it be so prolific because it wasn’t well known.

In the past DVSA have been telling lies about operators loosing their license because they were caught with a device fitted. You have to read well into their press releases, right at the bottom to see the actual reason the haulier is in bother and it’s never anything to do with emissions. Lying scumbags who have to rely on scaremongering to do their job because they’re always one step behind the law breakers.

There’s some truth in what you’re saying, but if a bit of publicity puts some off of the idea of fiddling the system aren’t they doing there job? Prevention costs them nothing.
I know some see it otherwise but there job is to ensure regs are obeyed, not to prosecute unnecessarily.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

What you’ll find is, that although the penalty for having one of these devices is relatively mild, DVSA take it as a signal that the fleet the truck belongs to is ill-maintained, and the boss is bent. The operating centre then gets an uninvited visit from the hi-viz clad ones and the inevitable invitation to the TC’s office is triggered.

As for the Gloucestershire case…the haulier concerned elected not to have legal representation during the hearing, so I suspect the appeal is just a waste of money that would have been better spent on having a lawyer present at the PI.

‘Not knowing’ about AdBlue is a bit of a feeble excuse…it suggests no one has bothered to find anything out about the truck at all since it was purchased. And transport managers are supposed to keep themselves up-to-date on legislation etc…it’s hard to find a truck magazine published in the last 10 years that doesn’t have either an article mentioning AdBlue/SCR or an advert for AdBlue.

newmercman:
Tell me about it, I’ve got one with all the emission crap on it and I want to set the poxy thing alight.

Daf MX11 BPV back pressure valve exhaust brake to you and me, pivot bush worn out sealed unit 2200.00, sensors wont come out of the old one, over 3k in parts alone, and as we have loads the same age, once one goes wrong!
There isnt a shift that goes by without one of the Euro6 dafs paying a visist to the workshop, the ywere fine for the first 2 years, the scanias were playing up from the get go :grimacing:

nightline:
Hard to believe this is happening in this day and age
truckingmag.co.uk/news/more-tha … emissions/

I see in their statement that they wont hesitate to take action against the drivers and owner/operators of these vehicles. How can the drivers be held liable? I should imagine that 99.9% of them would have no idea what they were driving?

commercialmotor.com/news/com … at-devices

16 trucks with adblu fiddled…and a slap on the wrist coming…no biggy.
the end justifies the means.
just shows you how ott all this electronic useless guff is when more and more companies that would run mostly legal just give up and get on with it.
at least he paid cash to get the emulators fitted without knowing who fitted them… :wink:

newmercman:

We had a load of problems with a new Cascadia last winter, from the DEF freezing in the lines to sensor probs, but it’s been ok this year.
There are only a few Provinces & States that it is compulsory to have DEF.
For about $800, you can get it easily by-passed as many OO’s are doing, especially in US.
My boss says he will definitely get it done if we get any more problems.

A full delete from a reputable company is $5,000 Neil. You definitely get what you pay for with a delete, I know people that have had cheap deletes and had nothing but trouble, sometimes minor things, but one I know had to put it all back together and he was out of pocket over $20,000 even with the savings he made on fuel while the delete was working well.

I bought my 2nd Volvo with a 13spd Fuller rather than I-shift for the sole reason that I was going to delete it and didn’t want to risk having to go to Volvo for any gearbox work. Unbelievably the emission system has been almost trouble free, so there’s been no need to do a delete on it, I wish I could say the same about the rest of the heap of junk, but that’s another story.

There’s only one place that requires an EPA compliant engine and that’s The People’s Republic of California, the rest of the US and all of Canada have no rules in place, except that it’s illegal to tamper with or bypass an emission control system on any vehicle, but nobody’s checking AFAIK.

Trickydick:

newmercman:

Daf MX11 BPV back pressure valve exhaust brake to you and me, pivot bush worn out sealed unit 2200.00, sensors wont come out of the old one, over 3k in parts alone, and as we have loads the same age, once one goes wrong!
There isnt a shift that goes by without one of the Euro6 dafs paying a visist to the workshop, the ywere fine for the first 2 years, the scanias were playing up from the get go :grimacing:

And those Daf engines have been in the US since 2010 with Euro6 emission control systems on them, or as close to Euro6 as makes no difference. Eight years and hundred’s of thousand’s of engines and they still can’t make them work properly, it’s an absolute farce.

What happens if you “fail the spot emissions test” by scrimping on the ad-blue?

Basically, there’s nothing wrong with the vehicle, but having not bothered filling up the adblue for a few days?..

Winseer:
What happens if you “fail the spot emissions test” by scrimping on the ad-blue?

Basically, there’s nothing wrong with the vehicle, but having not bothered filling up the adblue for a few days?..

The engine derates.