Roadside café owner demands lorry driver PUNCHES him

A heated row between a roadside cafe owner and a lorry driver over a parking dispute was caught on camera.

Filmed on a layby by both the driver and the cafe owner’s wife, the trio were caught shouting at each other and demanded that the lorry park elsewhere.

The bizarre fight began when the driver parked his 18-wheeler lorry in a layby in front of the sandwich-maker’s cabin, blocking it from view of other drivers.

Read more: dailymail.co.uk/news/article … z57k6vmSTZ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Daily Fail? No thanks Harry :wink:

J23 off the M1 if anyone wants to noise this daft bugger up… :grimacing:

To be fair the driver parked on the path and it seemed to be more that the cafe owner was angry about the state of the path and the verge which countless lorry drivers had ruined with their seeming inability to keep both wheels on the tarmac. The driver didn’t need to park on the path and the cafe owner was right that it meant people visiting the cafe had to walk over the grass and mud thanks to this Facebook hero.

What an offensive prick, the driver did well to keep his calm I reckon.

The issue of the churned up lay by is relavent granted, but it’s a public lay by, for the public to park…fact.
It aint up to him who parks there, and when and where they can.

Even if he does make a valid point about damage, it’s up to the local council to monitor, maintain and even take measures to prevent the damage, not his job to marshall and police the area.
The salmonella van owner doesn’t own the site. :bulb:

Conor:
To be fair the driver parked on the path and it seemed to be more that the cafe owner was angry about the state of the path and the verge which countless lorry drivers had ruined with their seeming inability to keep both wheels on the tarmac. The driver didn’t need to park on the path and the cafe owner was right that it meant people visiting the cafe had to walk over the grass and mud thanks to this Facebook hero.

Is it his lay-by then?

The cafe guy acted like a bloody kid.If you look into this properly ,he’s on about damage to the kerb ,yet he has ruined the grass verg parking his van at the side of his van.A bad case of parking wars lol .

If i’m ever having a bad day i know where i wll park if local lol.

I know some who would go back after dark and cremate the germ van :blush:

First off, why do the council give permission for a semi permanent cafe to be sited in a short layby with no separation from the traffic. I’m not surprised trucks park on the ‘pavement’, less other traffic sideswipe them.
Also, towards the end of the article it mentions, that the driver had parked up the night before? Do we know if the cafe owner arrived at whatever o’clock in the morning, and started banging on the cab, demanding the driver move?

In fairness it don’t look the best kept eatery, I wonder if they have toilet facilities, so really I think the truck driver did other drivers a favour by blocking their view of the place and potentially not getting a bout of the trots.
Then again my observations may be wrong and this guys got 3 Michelin stars for his chic boutique.

Conor:

Surely someone with as many years under their belt as you claim knows exactly why he’s parked on the kerb in a shallow layby?
There’s one of these resident bellends in a layby on the A66 westbound. Told me to move on cause the smell from the wagon was affecting his custom :laughing:.

harrawaffa:
There’s one of these resident bellends in a layby on the A66 westbound. Told me to move on cause the smell from the wagon was affecting his custom :laughing:.

Presumably because your wagon smelt better than his cooking :question:

manski:

harrawaffa:

Presumably because your wagon smelt better than his cooking :question:

Aye the dead cows in the trailer were fresher than his dead cow from a packet :laughing:.

I reckon the driver handled that pretty well :smiley: .

See a lot of the comments on the daily fail are in support of the driver too. Just shows how people behave in these dash cam type vids is often what people side with

Public opinion victory. Driver = 1
Angry butty man = 0 :laughing:

Think i might take a detour if im down that way and park in front of it but buy f all from it looks like a ■■■■ hole

There was an obnoxious cow who maintained she had a cafe spot on the A1. I parked up one night late and she was banging on the cab telling me to move. I would have got her on Jeremy Kyle but she was too ugly.

Cafe bloke sound’s a right muppet

Reminds me of the green 1950’s style junk heap that’s sat in the lay-by on the A168/A19 South bound

Knuckle butty on the menu, now the Kerbside Fried Chicken is off the menu :laughing: