U Turn Gone Wrong

gazettelive.co.uk/news/tees … w-14312769

sammym?..

was his first day .

The police tried to take the lorry apart, how would that move it ?

It takes a special kind of cabbage to do that… :open_mouth:

the nodding donkey:

You beat me too it ND! But I was thinking of harsher word than cabbage!! :laughing:

Going by the wording in that news report " South Gare" , Paddys Hole, take a look at this

google.fr/maps/place/South+ … -1.1369096

WTF was he doing there :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: x100

pierrot 14:
Going by the wording in that news report " South Gare" , Paddys Hole, take a look at this

google.fr/maps/place/South+ … -1.1369096

WTF was he doing there :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: x100

Only place we go anywhere near there with a bulker is PD Ports… But he’s abit out the way :neutral_face:

Even Dipper Dave would not get anywhere close to Paddys Hole.

His first day? And possibly his last.

sent using smoke signals

yourhavingalarf:
sammym?..

Ouch…

Currently, I’m not qualified to drive that beast.

Although I once did try doing a u-turn in a rigid at traffic lights. Took about a dozen shunts to get it round. By the time I’d done it the lights had changed at least twice. Was evening rush hour and I had horns going at me in all directions. I learnt a lesson that day. Just drive until you find somewhere to turn it around - even if that’s 10 miles down the road.

It’s a pity UKDozy wasn’t there to save the day.

I haven’t been to South Gare in years.That road could be used as a back entry to the steel works by lorries.It is a single track mostly used by dog walkers,fishermen and visitors to South Gare lighthouse at the point where the River Tees meets the North Sea.I used to go there as a kid with my mates on a bike.Foggy or not,it takes someone special to think it’s a good idea to take a lorry down there without the slightest tinkle of a warning bell.

If that’s the worst thing that happens on your first day in the job, it hasn’t been a bad one.

No puppies, kittens, nuns or kids were killed or injured, move along now, nothing to see here.

sammym:

yourhavingalarf:
sammym?..

Ouch…

Although I once did try doing a u-turn in a rigid at traffic lights. Took about a dozen shunts to get it round. By the time I’d done it the lights had changed at least twice. Was evening rush hour and I had horns going at me in all directions. I learnt a lesson that day. Just drive until you find somewhere to turn it around - even if that’s 10 miles down the road.

Beggars belief !!

pierrot 14:

sammym:

yourhavingalarf:
sammym?..

Ouch…

Beggars belief !!

Exactly! Screw an artic around at the lights but certainly not a rigid! :grimacing:

Well he saved himself the hassle of calling the boss, he’s a local owner driver :open_mouth:

sammym:
I learnt a lesson that day. Just drive until you find somewhere to turn it around - even if that’s 10 miles down the road.

I tried that once -
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=152744

toby1234abc:
The police tried to take the lorry apart, how would that move it ?

Looking at the photo drop the trailer, go round to the other side of it, hook back up and drive away, happy days. Mind you I doubt someone who was out on his first job has the skill required to hook up to a trailer from the side.

the nodding donkey:

From the article it says:

“Someone had given him wrong directions."