Well Boss........

… what happened was…

Surely he has horrendous leg injuries■■?

Judging by how he is apparently sat there calmly on the phone I’d say his legs are tickety and indeed boo.

sammym:
Surely he has horrendous leg injuries■■?

The van driver probably got a good battering, but the lorry is barely touched, steering wheel looks where it should be A pillar hasn’t budged, these cabs are a hell of a lot stronger than the corner of a van (which you could smash like that with half a dozen blows from a good sledge hammer), all its done is peeled back the driver’s door skin and broken the plastic wheelarch, had he hit the corner post of a decent sized lorry the outcome would have been somewhat different.

I’m staggered by the number of smashed up almost new vehicles at the bodyshop of our main garage, why do these operators just had the keys of prime vehicles over to just anyone now who can manage to find the entrance gate to the yard on their hind legs, you had to prove yourself at one time on some right old dogs before they’d trust you out with something decent.

Makes a change from a bridge I suppose.

Road rage and a brake check??

To be fair it looks to me like the van driver may have tried to cut in front of the lorry and got it wrong.

That Renault is definately a short wheelbase.

njl:
That Renault is definately a short wheelbase.

Not as short as the transit that got rear ended by the home bargains artic…about 3 weeks ago,on the 62.

People are awesome [emoji57]

He’s still on his phone… :open_mouth:

tachograph:
To be fair it looks to me like the van driver may have tried to cut in front of the lorry and got it wrong.

That’s a fair shout being a white van man…

TiredAndEmotional:

tachograph:

That’s a fair shout being a white van man…

Looking at the skid mark in front of the white van, I’d hazard a guess, that there was a lot of braking ahead of these two. The van brakes too, possibly making a last minute/panic lane change to avoid rear ending the truck in front of him? Stobart driver on auto pilot/ phone / peeling spuds failed to anticipate the situation, and rear ended the van…?

Ah dozys back…”up yours planner,I’m not being back late this week” :smiley:

I have a feeling that photo isn’t new at a guess.

Bit of P38 will sort that

truckman020:
Bit of P38 will sort that

More like a P45

That white van must have been reversing at some speed.

Juddian:
you had to prove yourself at one time on some right old dogs before they’d trust you out with something decent.

^^^
This
At our place its 10 years proven experience before you even get a look in. Theres no old dogs on the fleet but its always the oldest truck for a new starter…