Driver Training Instructor - Self employed query?

toonsy:

Maskell333:
I have been pushing the agency side of things and cant wait for easter its a hard time atm with work scarce everywhere its frustrating!..What about the DTI side of things?? I got set up for 4 interviews with Hoya and all 4 times they had to cancel because they couldnt find a DTI to support the assessment. I hear DTI (Driver Training Instructors/ assessors are like rocking horse sh@$t… I was curious on how they become qualified and what route they take etc…Got to look at all avenues!

They hold the relevant licence for three years. That’s it. And normally to get the assessor job you have to be the biggest ■■■■ kisser, not the better driver…

Not always true Toonsy. Some, not many are trained correctly and hold the correct qualifications for training and assessing.
The ones that you are talking about are generally are just drivers that their employer reckon they are up to the job.
Most like that however are the worst kind of trainer or assessor because they go by what they think is correct and not what is correct.
You can be a really good driver but that certainly does not make you capable of instructing and assessing.
Correct (official) training is required.