Cemex and Eddie Stobart ltd

Motor Transport states the above well known Haulage contractor has taken the Cemex cement contract off Wincanton,Stobart will use more of there own trucks on the work as Wincanton used to sub contract a lot of the loads,presumably Wincanton could not justify the capital cost of the equipment on the rates offered by Cemex,I wonder how Stobart can square the equation?

Will they try or just bollux the job up like everything else they get their greasy paws on … I hate companies like Stobrats !!!

Gardner6LYT:
Motor Transport states the above well known Haulage contractor has taken the Cemex cement contract off Wincanton,Stobart will use more of there own trucks on the work as Wincanton used to sub contract a lot of the loads,presumably Wincanton could not justify the capital cost of the equipment on the rates offered by Cemex,I wonder how Stobart can square the equation?

Nothing will change on the sub-con element, both companies need that flexibility…

Where Wincanton seem to have lost the plot on the “construction” side is their control of quality regarding subbies, they advertise the loads on various back-load sites, and as long as you have GIT / Insurance and an O licence, you aren’t asked too many questions, Stobart on the other hand seem to be a bit more picky…or they were :unamused:

CEMEX might be paying more for a better service, I know of a few others who have upped their rates to secure quality haulage :open_mouth:

Gardner6LYT:

Easy,
They’ve prob a right few units lying about “stockpiled” after they pulled the whole Republic of Ireland operation@ Tesco!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Wincanton probably wanted rid of Cemex they aren’t the best payers and Wincanton have a lot of other lucrative contracts to service,Tarmac blocks being one of the most recent.

raymundo:
Will they try or just bollux the job up like everything else they get their greasy paws on … I hate companies like Stobrats !!!

No they’ll just ■■■■ it up as normal bud…guaranteed. :unamused:

robroy:

raymundo:

No they’ll just [zb] it up as normal bud…guaranteed. :unamused:

They haven’t covered themselves in glory on the bricks and blocks have they!!

bobbya:
Wincanton probably wanted rid of Cemex they aren’t the best payers and Wincanton have a lot of other lucrative contracts to service,Tarmac blocks being one of the most recent.

Tarmac blocks lucrative? Lol.
Done it myself direct to tarmac, blocks aren’t a high value product and add to that there’s always hauliers willing to move them means the rates are never going to be the best

Find a big land-fill site, put all the Dozy wagons in it and fill it with CEMEX, job done. then let’s get back to how the haulage industry was as before! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Then suddenly I woke up, it was all a dream :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: