Eyesight medical requirements

hello, the dreaded medical is due in two months and im a little worried about my right eye, my prescription hasn’t changed any over the years and when en i got my licence 15 years ago i just scrapped through with my right eye. i know i wont know for certain until i ha e the test but i cant get it off my mind, i am enclosing my prescription can anyone tell me if its within the standard, cheers all,

You must have a visual acuity at least 0.8 (6/7.5) measured on the Snellen scale in your best eye and at least 0.1 (6/60) on the Snellen scale in the other eye.

You can reach this standard using glasses with a corrective power not more than (+) 8 dioptres, or with contact lenses. There’s no specific limit for the corrective power of contact lenses.

You must have a horizontal visual field of at least 160 degrees, the extension should be at least 70 degrees left and right and 30 degrees up and down. No defects should be present within a radius of the central 30 degrees.

From. Gov website.

sorry forgot to say, i have seen the requirements online but cant work them out with my prescription, just cant get my head round it,

I assume your right eye is 6/9 with the +2 dioptres correction.

But your good eye is way better than the 6/7.5 requirement and your bad eye is still within the requirements of visual acuity as far as I can make it out.

Unless of course your eyesight has dramatically worsened since your last eye test.

I think your will be fine myself based on what it says for acuity on the. Gov website.

cheers buddy thanks for that, i just couldn’t make head nor tail of it, dont know what id do without my licence, all i know is trucking,