Tipper lorry without scales?

Has anyone driven a tipper lorry on muck away without scales?? This is getting rediculous

I did eat some fish over the weekend…they had no scales either. :smiley:

I havnt been into tippers for a number of years…and didnt know they had self weighers ( so potato trailers did ) so sorry i cant help…is it a requirement now for tippers to have them…whats wrong with the weighbridge as you come on/off site…just asking.

Done it many times at demo sites with no scales. A few years ago I once weighed 57t taking a load from Exeter to Derby. The boss was disappointed as we were charging per load :laughing:

find out where the nearest public weighbridge is.a Council depot or similar.i think there will be small cost,then guess-timate with your next loads?

The digger operator will know, he’s either got a weigher on his grab, or he knows how much a grab full is.

the nodding donkey:
The digger operator will know, he’s either got a weigher on his grab, or he knows how much a grab full is.

Loading shovel might have a weigh loader but 360 won’t n will care less

What’s happening??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lynchy:

the nodding donkey:

Maybe, but whoever loads the vehicle also carrys some responsibility with regards to the load.

If it’s your standard 15m3 body then load no higher than the sides and you should be ok. Get out the cab and watch as it’s loaded. Don’t take no ■■■■ from the loader it’s your licence after all.

I’ve got a 20 yard body with muck if loaded with front bucket every bucket in same place when the muck reaches the top of the sides that’s my weight and loose stone when it reaches the back door and the front if every bucket in same place in middle of body .

Concretejim:

lynchy:

the nodding donkey:

Maybe, but whoever loads the vehicle also carrys some responsibility with regards to the load.

Really? If your driving on the road n get done for over weight good luck with getting the digger driver to chip in? Any ever been prosecuted…it was the digger driver guv!don’t think so

There’s no problem when being loaded in a quarry because as stated the loader has scales plus weigh bridge etc. It’s when I do muck away off sites with 360s. Most machine drivers look at me gone out when I say no scales mate just load up to the line. Never met one yet who’s not listened but hard to judge clumps of wet clay.
I got refused to tip at one site as I was 200kg over and one of our grab lads had to come out and take a grab load off. Rant over

Pennywise:
There’s no problem when being loaded in a quarry because as stated the loader has scales plus weigh bridge etc. It’s when I do muck away off sites with 360s. Most machine drivers look at me gone out when I say no scales mate just load up to the line. Never met one yet who’s not listened but hard to judge clumps of wet clay.
I got refused to tip at one site as I was 200kg over and one of our grab lads had to come out and take a grab load off. Rant over

id say that’s as good as it gets if someone can load you to within 200 kgs of top weight with muck and no weigher ,if that bothers you then you could be in the wrong job ?

Do the boys in the track machines just not count the number of buckets +/- for wet clay to keep her under 32T etc etc!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Dan it’s not me that’s bothered about the 200kg it’s the man on the weigh bridge that won’t let me in!

Wouldn’t be little packington…would it?

Tarmac

Pennywise:
Dan it’s not me that’s bothered about the 200kg it’s the man on the weigh bridge that won’t let me in!

Leave it on the weighbridge for him then . You’ll only have to do it once .lol

Haha yea might try that next time

Concretejim:

lynchy:

the nodding donkey:

100% the drivers responsibility not the loaders. Trying to blame a shovel/360/ FLT driver for being 7650kg over weight doesnt wash… :stuck_out_tongue: