Downloading a digi card

Hi just signed up to an agency for Class C work and noticed a sign saying “you must download your digi card each shift otherwise may not get paid”. Exactly how do you do this? Are there machines in transport offices or do they mean do a print out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will have some type of downloading device which you insert your card in for 15-20 seconds or so, most places do it for you so you just hand over the card.

There will probably be a machine in the transport office where you are working. They are just trying to pass the buck to the driver to make sure it is done. They cannot legally withhold money from you if it is not done.

The problem is that a company must download your card at least once every 28 days. If you are an agency driver and go in one day, but then they never see you again, it causes them problems, so they are trying to stop this.

Its standard practise at almost every company now. Any company you work for will have a downloader and expect you to download your card after every shift (sometimes before as well).
If a company doesnt have one, take a printout to prove you worked there just in case but honestly, unless your agency are a bunch of cowboys, itll be fine

The-Snowman:
Its standard practise at almost every company now. Any company you work for will have a downloader and expect you to download your card after every shift (sometimes before as well).
If a company doesnt have one, take a printout to prove you worked there just in case but honestly, unless your agency are a bunch of cowboys, itll be fine

Yes, Next download your card before and after your shift. It’s rare, but they did get one agency driver coming in for a shift after only a couple hours off.

the nodding donkey:

The-Snowman:

Yes, Next download your card before and after your shift. It’s rare, but they did get one agency driver coming in for a shift after only a couple hours off.

Harry?
Cruising for 6 months in his yacht can’t be cheap!

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Franglais:

the nodding donkey:

The-Snowman:

Harry?
Cruising for 6 months in his yacht can’t be cheap!

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

No no no… Harry’s boat is not a yacht. There is a very distinct vernacular for boats.
Harry’s boat is a narrow boat. Affectionately known as a ‘sewer tube’ by ‘yoghurt pot’ owners, and invariably and erroneously as a ‘barge’ or a ‘longboat’ by gongoozlers. ‘Yoghurt pots’ come in two varieties, ‘lumpy water’ ones, and ‘fenders’.
:grimacing:

We have clocking in/out machines that you put your digi card into, it then reads and downloads the data as you clock in/out each shift start/end…

cheers guys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the nodding donkey:
No no no… Harry’s boat is not a yacht. There is a very distinct vernacular for boats.
Harry’s boat is a narrow boat. Affectionately known as a ‘sewer tube’ by ‘yoghurt pot’ owners, and invariably and erroneously as a ‘barge’ or a ‘longboat’ by gongoozlers. ‘Yoghurt pots’ come in two varieties, ‘lumpy water’ ones, and ‘fenders’.

This shows a remarkable level of what can only be "insider knowledge^. :wink:

Harry Monk:

the nodding donkey:

This shows a remarkable level of what can only be "insider knowledge^. :wink:

:laughing:
I used to live on my coal/diesel/pump out boat. I enjoyed it, but when I had to do the big sums, I choose to go back to driving full time, sell my working boat, and go on the lumpy water.

if you work for different companies via an agency who pays for any manual digi entries the next time your driving i.e adding 15mins on to a job for Company A the next time you put card in which is driving for Company B?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the nodding donkey:
:laughing:
I used to live on my coal/diesel/pump out boat. I enjoyed it, but when I had to do the big sums, I choose to go back to driving full time, sell my working boat, and go on the lumpy water.

Fair play, which fuel boat did you operate? I generally fill up from Callisto when I’m on my mooring but I always try to get diesel from fuel boats when I can, even if there’s cheaper diesel available from marinas, just to try to help them keep going.