Tailgater in action!

liveleak.com/view?i=27f_1518893174

:laughing:

Standard Turkish style driving… :stuck_out_tongue:

Somewhere floating around…

On Ytube is a convoy of paddywagons going to a show, exactly the same thing happens.

Lights, horns, show off and crunch.

It’s also an example of how ‘platooning’ works.

Going O/t very quickly I know but would anyone else be wary of driving through Syria with a bloody great banner blocking all your engine cooling? Alla the white MAN about 25 seconds in from the end.

nsmith1180:
Going O/t very quickly I know but would anyone else be wary of driving through Syria with a bloody great banner blocking all your engine cooling? Alla the white MAN about 25 seconds in from the end.

Surprising cool there in Feb: +2 to to +14. And Damascus has an elevation of 680metres, the top of the Yorkshire dales are just 30metres higher.
Agree though, no need for a radiator blind.

Yeah, platooning…that’s gonna work! :laughing:

Actrosman:

With the technology they’re planning it should do as every truck will talk to the ones around it and the reaction will be in milliseconds, thousandths of a second. To put that into context the reaction time alone for a human being is 0.7 seconds and that’s before you start adding in the time to apply the brakes. By the time you register you need to apply the brakes and your foot touches the pedal a computer would’ve been already braking the truck for a second.

Conor:

Actrosman:

With the technology they’re planning it should do as every truck will talk to the ones around it and the reaction will be in milliseconds, thousandths of a second. To put that into context the reaction time alone for a human being is 0.7 seconds and that’s before you start adding in the time to apply the brakes. By the time you register you need to apply the brakes and your foot touches the pedal a computer would’ve been already braking the truck for a second.

All well and good, but you can’t change the laws of physics. First off, rapid braking like that requires good contact with the road to be successful. Secondly, anything in the vehicle not secured will continue at the same speed, driver, drivers lunch, load, etc.

Agency drivers.

I just don’t see it…Spaghetti junction…truck A can see the slower traffic ahead, indicates and gets let out… what happens with B & C? Can’t move out with A because the sensors have picked up vehicles along side, which are now doing (at minimum) same as A and the following one that let him out, so effectively, B & C are boxed in… A disappears up the road, B & C are now sat crawling along at 10mph… what happens next if the chain is now broken or will they be that advanced they’ll be able to work it out for themselves until they regroup? It may well work in ‘The Outback’ or the desert somewhere but not on our ■■■■ poor road network where quite often (as we all know) even the HA don’t know what’s happening!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Conor:

Actrosman:

Technology my ■■■ you can’t get a mobile to work all the time or a laptop that won’t crash so who is going to guarantee that a platoon will work as advertised?

Platooning ain’t gonna work - too many moving parts…and that’s before they get let loose in the real world.

eurotrans:

Conor:

Actrosman:

Technology my ■■■ you can’t get a mobile to work all the time or a laptop that won’t crash so who is going to guarantee that a platoon will work as advertised?

Yep, think of when your relatively simple phone has a fit and has to be rebooted when it’s knickers get twisted, already the bloody lane departure and collison avoidance ■■■■■■■■ is always coming up with spurious warnings and AEBS is just as likely to trigger for no good reason or not work when it’s supposed to :unamused: , and our following drivers are going to know exactly what evasive action to take with no field of vision due to being stuck up some bugger’s arse.

Actually i hope it does go ahead, and the driverless utopia, cyborg HA and robocops will be clearing up the debris (with difficulty due to hundreds of miles of gridlock) for weeks, please let it be soon, i could do with a bloody good belly laugh.

Platooning. What if the chain all go to stop, the lorry in the middle is the unlucky one braking over an ice patch or diesel spill? It’ll suddenly need a lot more stopping distance than the others. Or will the gap between them all be kept sufficient enough for worse case traction of oil slick or ice? That’ll be a bloody large gap between each lorry then. Just big enough for a nob in a Prius to pop into :laughing:

eurotrans:

Conor:

Actrosman:

Hang on eurotrans…let’s not get carried away with ‘mobiles’…I updated my TomTom y’day…all the bleeding ‘recent destinations’ have bloody disappeared!

Actrosman:

eurotrans:

Conor:

Actrosman:

Hang on eurotrans…let’s not get carried away with ‘mobiles’…I updated my TomTom y’day…all the bleeding ‘recent destinations’ have bloody disappeared!

No problem just sit 20 feet off the back doors of the guy in front"a la platoon" and you’ll get there :grimacing:

are they all D.H.L. delivering to K.F.C. …?

Notimetoulouse:
are they all D.H.L. delivering to K.F.C. …?

Could be or the inbounds that were refused

wonder if he’s had a few practices at that swerve manoeuver!