New KFC delivery partner DHL does not deliver [Merged]

thesun.co.uk/money/5601773/ … es-closed/
In a tweet, KFC UK said: “The chicken crossed the road, just not to our restaurants…

This is due to a change in our delivery system in which we have changed from Bidvest to DHL. Says KFC

Looks like they got a turkey instead.

They’ve clucked that up…

Well, the good burghers of this parish won’t appreciate the true cost of the race to the bottom, untill it affects their fried chicken giblets…

Might this be a good time to suggest a driver “action week”?

This won’t go down well in Brixton…

I have done deliveries to KFC’s for one class 2 shift. And I will never do it again. I’m not surprised that DHL are struggling - I’d walk out of a job before I subjected myself to that regularly.

None of this was for DHL. But another company who were subcontracting to either them or bidvest. I’ll ignore the truck which didn’t have functional brakes, and that they tried not to pay me.

I’m no animal rights activist - but I defy anyone to go to Moy Park killing plants and feel okay morally about it. They are a disgrace. The worst part was having to drive past the two young girls protesting and wishing I could join them. Food hygiene is another joke - think me with my normal scabby gloves carrying the ‘fresh’ chicken.

The job was backbreaking - a box of chicken weighs upwards of 30kg and you have to lift them by hand - no equipment is provided. At some stores, they will have ‘wheels’ or dollies you can put them on. But generally, it was using the tail lift and then carrying them. Up to 10 to some stores.

Then when you get to the shop generally you are treated like dirt. People think you should be grateful that they open the doors for you in the back. Expect to stand and wait 30 mins for some Asain manager to sign your paperwork. They are on a total power trip. The job is the pants.

Rugby is supposedly the problem. They are not sending the product out so other depots can deliver it

scanny77:
Rugby is supposedly the problem. They are not sending the product out so other depots can deliver it

They’re not taking it in fast enough either, trucks were queuing back to the A426 on Friday and some foreigners had been waiting there for a couple of days! Although some of the chaos was caused by Bidvest telling them to get their remaining stock out of its warehouses before ■■■ date or it’ll be left outside :smiley: which meant a steady stream of trucks arriving with stock transfers.

Too many chiefs in the office, so few (mostly foreign) agency drivers and even a lack of trucks and you can understand how it’s all gone ■■■■ up already.

Had my CV ready to hand in bearing in mind it’s two minutes walk from my front door. Kinda glad I never bothered now lol

DHL, Delivers Hours Late… or not at all in this case lol.

toonsy:
Had my CV ready to hand in bearing in mind it’s two minutes walk from my front door. Kinda glad I never bothered now lol

If you’ve been put off by sammyms’ description of the job, don’t be. I don’t recognise the job he has described. It’s not everyones cup of tea and it wasn’t mine really but I’ve done much worse. I did it on the agency out of Dagenham when Hays had the work. If the hours are right and the money is right, get in there early doors and sort yourself out a decent run/start time!

toonsy:

Apply for a position in management, mate. Reckon there`ll be a couple of vacancies soon!

most,if not all,new contracts are going to have teething problems.whole set of new drivers,management,lack of help from the former supplying Company etc.
we had it at my present dhl place,a total shambles,we got there eventually.

This is the second time DHL have tried to do this contract. I believe they pulled out at the last minute about 5 years ago.

Not sure how DHL are doing it, but Bidvest was loaded on pallets, which meant everything had to be hand balled / sack trucked into kitchen.

Also think about restaurant locations, retail parks, high streets, train stations not always the best locations to park 26t truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilp1982:
DHL, Delivers Hours Late… or not at all in this case lol.

Day (and a) Half Late

Or when it was on the parcels:
Drop Hit (and) Loose it

I suppose a few feathers were flying that day. :smiley:

I wonder that seeing as this is a franchise, are KFC liable for the losses the closed shops endured. ?

Used to deliver pop into the shops years ago,they were always pleasant and offered you a drink and some food.

Sixties boy:
This is the second time DHL have tried to do this contract. I believe they pulled out at the last minute about 5 years ago.

Not sure how DHL are doing it, but Bidvest was loaded on pallets, which meant everything had to be hand balled / sack trucked into kitchen.

Also think about restaurant locations, retail parks, high streets, train stations not always the best locations to park 26t truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can’t fit their crates onto sack trucks. I tried it. It’s a truly shocking job. Pure handball or dollies if the shop is kind enough to let you use them. Some places refuse to share them.

As someone else has alluded to - look at the average location of a KFC. Then imagine trying to deliver there when it’s busy. No special goods in access there - you might even need to find somewhere to park and then ask them to remove the height barrier. Cars will be blocking where you can put a 7.5/18T wagon. When there is somewhere to park the access is shocking - I’m poor at reversing. But I think some of the RDC artic boys would be shocked at what you have to try to get into and out off.

Number of drops is ridiculous as well. Imagine the hell I’ve described and doing 12 drops a day. All for the grand sum of about £9/hour PAYE. I’d rather work frying the chicken than delivering it.

sammym:
I’m no animal rights activist - but I defy anyone to go to Moy Park killing plants and feel okay morally about it. They are a disgrace. The worst part was having to drive past the two young girls protesting and wishing I could join them. Food hygiene is another joke - think me with my normal scabby gloves carrying the ‘fresh’ chicken.

If you eat meat you can’t be upset as you’re part of it. You wouldn’t enjoy a day out with us on the bulkers or a blood tanker :laughing:. As for the protesters they’re scabs. Have to deal with them a couple of times a month at various locations trying to jump in front of wagons. The animals are already dead they can join them in the trailer. Had an incident before xmas where they were undoing the turn buckles on the back door of the trailer to cause a spill.

Sixties boy:

So its no different than it is working at any food supplier who does direct deliveries to restaurants and shops then? Certainly sounds the same as it was when I did a stint for a frozen food supplier, Billy Boy’s in Hull.

sammym:
Imagine the hell I’ve described and doing 12 drops a day.

Twelve? A whole dozen? Hell at Billy Boys we were doing 50 drops a day.