I have a rare, real drivers lorry

Well as everyone seems to know so much about driving and lorrys on here, I love classic lorrys and feel privileged to be given a fantastic real drivers lorry. I doubt many on here would even be able to drive this. So lets see who knows what my lorry is. Obviously it is a scania and a V8, I will say these have a massive following. So here are a few pics of the dash, the real drivers of you will know what it is, the auto RDC bods, will have no idea. It will be interesting to see who actually are the real drivers and know there stuff, old school and fun to drive, proper lorry for a proper driver. I cant show the outside of the cab as our name is splattered all over it and because of the stalking hatred towards me on here, I do not want anyone knowing who I am or where I work.

Img_2291.jpg

Img_2294.jpg

Img_2296.jpg

will you be adding these to your collection as well fantasy boy?
and in case you are unaware,nobody on here stalks you.
theres quite a lot just ridicule your posts for what they are as complete fabrication trolling attempts though.
you should rename the thread as… a lorry driver let me come in his cab . :unamused:

mhopnxcbKY-XSKXgSZkNghA.jpg

tekno-61971-scania-143-streamline-topline-4x2-metallic-blue-150-scale-3037522-0-1446661398000.jpg

Im glad in UKT’s eyes im a real driver now considering I drove this 1988 unit and I was born in 1988. It took me 10 seconds to find reverse and admittedly asking a workshop guy how to turn it off and remove the key ha, but after that I was off down the road.

Yep deffo a scania…with a built in sat-nav. :smiley:

Bet your buzzing that after years off spotting someone has finally let you sit in their wagon…driver seat aswell!!!,well done matey boy…soak it up!!

UKtramp:
… because of the stalking hatred towards me on here, I do not want anyone knowing who I am or where I work.

:bulb: Let’s just say that your reputation on here is what YOU have earned for yourself, so because of that, nobody would blame you for not wanting your workplace to be known.

FYI, nobody stalks you, they simply reply to what YOU post. (It’s not rocket science. :wink: )

My own driving experience on Scanias was to drive a 111 doing Italy and Spain for about 18mths in the early 80s, so the most I can say about the truck in your pics is that it’s something later than a 111.

Given that you’ve said it’s a V8, my guess is that it’s a 142 or 143, but it really is a guess!!

Can’t even…

Rotate his own pictures. I’d have thought a fridge engineer could do that.

i owned and ran this one after stuart taylors ran it ragged for years then i played with it till i wrote it off…lost all my other pics so this is all i have.
i know it got rebuilt and prob worth more now than 20 years ago. :cry:

Strange that even though you drive the lorry all day long you had to get a picture of it from google images taken in 2016 to use as your avatar …note how the barrier is exactly in the same place just above the O/S headlight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure i saw that red straw wagon yesterday in Hull :open_mouth:

SH100998.JPGJust as an aside to what the 'tramp’said about modern drivers not being able to drive his ‘classic’,I do a bit of casual driving in the summer in the mines and last summer i got a new Scania.I must be honest and say that i spent a few minutes trying to find and work the handbrake and also had to look for the '‘gearstick’[new auto].

mrginge:
Im glad in UKT’s eyes im a real driver now considering I drove this 1988 unit and I was born in 1988. It took me 10 seconds to find reverse and admittedly asking a workshop guy how to turn it off and remove the key ha, but after that I was off down the road.

The 143 V8, still a very capable truck even today… :sunglasses:

UKtramp:
I do not want anyone knowing who I am or where I work.

You’re so far up your own arse trust me no one would follow you there!

UKtramp:
So here are a few pics of the dash, the real drivers of you will know what it is, the auto RDC bods, will have no idea.

I knew what it was as soon as I saw the first picture. My first artic job was doing night trunking in a Scania 113… :laughing: So does that make me a real driver cos I know what it is?

Is that the cruise control knob is pulled out in first picture, you tipping a load? They disconnected them all at Hygena because drivers were using it as cruise control and a few had some mishaps.

Never having driven anything out a museum. Does the wee red light by the tacho mode selector not mean there is no Tacho in?

CraigM:
Never having driven anything out a museum. Does the wee red light by the tacho mode selector not mean there is no Tacho in?

No idea but its on rest with the engine running and given the cruise control knob is pulled out in the first piccy I’m assuming he’s using PTO gear.

Mind yo I’d be more worried at the middle gauge on the left hand side. Apparently it would appear there’s no oil pressure.

Dresses in Orange, gets on the scene of accidents or problem, has an old Scanny with a PTO and appears not to use the old tacho…BREAKDOWN DRIVER .

Just a theory perhaps ?

Where’s the fridge?
What does this button do?
Are you at the commercial vehicle museum?
Or scrap yard? :wink:

143 450?
And for extra points…on a M plate.

xichrisxi:
Strange that even though you drive the lorry all day long you had to get a picture of it from google images taken in 2016 to use as your avatar …note how the barrier is exactly in the same place just above the O/S headlight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bumped I to him at glews garage when he was doing the straw runs. He was in a wag n drag, but not the lorry in his profile pic.