Scania Guy Martin

A smart white Topliner passed me this morning with ‘‘Guy Martin Edition’’ written on the side.
It was private reg, so assumed it was an owner driver.
Anybody know anything about it/them?
Not sure if it was a ‘Factory edition’ or maybe a one off home cooked jobby, just wondered how it was specced up if it actually was a Scania limited edition series.
Curious, that’s all. :neutral_face:

Not sure on the spec Rob,limited edition run of trucks available from Mick Moodys where Guy Martin works.

They do a ’ Dieseldog ’ edition too mate.

It does 62 mph and you get priority boarding at the ferry. You also get a loyalty points card, 50 points every time you take a mirror off a Tesco plobber.

eagerbeaver:

It does 62 mph and you get priority boarding at the ferry. You also get a loyalty points card, 50 points every time you take a mirror off a Tesco plobber.

And it comes with a must make boat button :grimacing:

eagerbeaver:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ahem…its 62 reading 56 ON the limiter…
once the happy button is hit,then its just a normal must make boat session with or without some bush shakers.
i dunno about the priority boarding bit,but it helps you to have a wee snooze before boarding.
remember…its a target,not a limit. :slight_smile:

Was this on the M5 corridor rob pulling a scrap trailer ? See it myself quite a lot if it is , nice bit of kit

largebloke1969:
Was this on the M5 corridor rob pulling a scrap trailer ? See it myself quite a lot if it is , nice bit of kit

No it was in Cornwall A30, pulling a blue tautliner.
I aint keen on garish bad taste paint jobs and ott mural type stuff, this just looked subtle and smart.

dieseldog999:

Good to see it the correct way round…the do gooders seem to favour it vice versa… :grimacing:

This one?

AndrewG:

dieseldog999:

Good to see it the correct way round…the do gooders seem to favour it vice versa… :grimacing:

+1. How are we to encourage young kids to ever want to be truck drivers if they can’t sharpen their elbows & tweak the limiter?..

When I was a kid, truck driving stories were cool. Tales of fuses being pulled, tacho’s being frisbee’d, exotic women being ravaged in F10’s, cig/spirits smuggling, brawls and evading the rozzers :grimacing:

Can you imagine today’s reflection’s? " Once son, I was on the M62 in my fleet spec Actros. I was hauling 12 tonnes of supermarket produce, and I was heading for the state line doing 85, watched all the way :sunglasses: . Well, I say 85…that was kph and it wasn’t really a state line, it was the border of West Yorkshire, and I wasn’t actually being watched. My truck had a tracker fitted :neutral_face: . Anyway Son, back to the action.
I had the pedal to the metal trying to beat the deadline. It wan’t actually a deadline, more of a booking in slot 1/2 an hour each way at Asda Normanton, and come to think of it, my foot wasn’t on the accelerator pedal, I was on CC. Anyway, back to the action.
There I was tearing up the tarmac at 52(mph :blush: ) and in the distance, I saw my arch enemy…a Greggs rigid. It took a further 20 minutes Son, but once I had a lock on him, he was toast. Listen up now boy and fasten your seat belt, cause this is where it get’s a bit lairy :wink: Got next to this guy and looked accross, he looked menacing in his baseball cap & hi viz, but I wasn’t scared.
I went to drop a cog and smoke him but I could’nt :open_mouth: I was locked in eco mode in my auto gearbox and to my horror, a hill appeared in the distance. We both looked at each other and swallowed. We KNEW this was going to be the elephant race of the century, well I say century, it was really just that day because it’s a normal event but let’s get back to it…
After 4 miles the combat was brutal. He got me uphill by half a length, I got him downhill and so forth but then it happened…

A maniac in a Scania laden with glistening SUPER badges TORE past us both :open_mouth: He was doing 57MPH ON THE FLAT :open_mouth: :open_mouth: His chariot was blinged to the max, he had alloy wheels and some stuff with the word ’ KELSA ’ strewn everywhere. He was disturbingly handsome wearing designer sunglasses and for a split second I had a man crush! I’m sure I saw a woman’s head even going up & down in his lap :neutral_face: The noise from his V8 engine and stack exhausts was deafening, the Greggs driver and I fought for control as our lorries were caught up in his turbulence :confused: :confused: :open_mouth:

And then almost like magic, he was gone. I just managed to see an ancient scripture airbrushed on the back of his unit before he disappeared into the horizon. It said ’ Thou shalt never be late in a V8 '.
The Greggs driver and I looked across at each other for one last lingering moment. We knew we had both been humiliated, yet for that brief moment we had both shared something special. This movie star had let us glimpse greatness and we were both humbled by the experience. Greggs man yielded to 50 and flashed me in. We never saw each other again.

Don’t tell your mam that I fancied that bloke though, or I will beat the crap out of you Son "

chaversdad:
This one?

That’s neat that, would look good in black or dark blue with silver skull and crossbones. Does he come out and fix it for you? :laughing:

James the cat:

chaversdad:
This one?

That’s neat that, would look good in black or dark blue with silver skull and crossbones. Does he come out and fix it for you? :laughing:

Its a Scannie..... It wont break down.

Allegedly

eagerbeaver:

AndrewG:

dieseldog999:

+1. How are we to encourage young kids to ever want to be truck drivers if they can’t sharpen their elbows & tweak the limiter?..

When I was a kid, truck driving stories were cool. Tales of fuses being pulled, tacho’s being frisbee’d, exotic women being ravaged in F10’s, cig/spirits smuggling, brawls and evading the rozzers :grimacing:

Can you imagine today’s reflection’s? " Once son, I was on the M62 in my fleet spec Actros. I was hauling 12 tonnes of supermarket produce, and I was heading for the state line doing 85, watched all the way :sunglasses: . Well, I say 85…that was kph and it wasn’t really a state line, it was the border of West Yorkshire, and I wasn’t actually being watched. My truck had a tracker fitted :neutral_face: . Anyway Son, back to the action.
I had the pedal to the metal trying to beat the deadline. It wan’t actually a deadline, more of a booking in slot 1/2 an hour each way at Asda Normanton, and come to think of it, my foot wasn’t on the accelerator pedal, I was on CC. Anyway, back to the action.
There I was tearing up the tarmac at 52(mph :blush: ) and in the distance, I saw my arch enemy…a Greggs rigid. It took a further 20 minutes Son, but once I had a lock on him, he was toast. Listen up now boy and fasten your seat belt, cause this is where it get’s a bit lairy :wink: Got next to this guy and looked accross, he looked menacing in his baseball cap & hi viz, but I wasn’t scared.
I went to drop a cog and smoke him but I could’nt :open_mouth: I was locked in eco mode in my auto gearbox and to my horror, a hill appeared in the distance. We both looked at each other and swallowed. We KNEW this was going to be the elephant race of the century, well I say century, it was really just that day because it’s a normal event but let’s get back to it…
After 4 miles the combat was brutal. He got me uphill by half a length, I got him downhill and so forth but then it happened…

A maniac in a Scania laden with glistening SUPER badges TORE past us both :open_mouth: He was doing 57MPH ON THE FLAT :open_mouth: :open_mouth: His chariot was blinged to the max, he had alloy wheels and some stuff with the word ’ KELSA ’ strewn everywhere. He was disturbingly handsome wearing designer sunglasses and for a split second I had a man crush! I’m sure I saw a woman’s head even going up & down in his lap :neutral_face: The noise from his V8 engine and stack exhausts was deafening, the Greggs driver and I fought for control as our lorries were caught up in his turbulence :confused: :confused: :open_mouth:

And then almost like magic, he was gone. I just managed to see an ancient scripture airbrushed on the back of his unit before he disappeared into the horizon. It said ’ Thou shalt never be late in a V8 '.
The Greggs driver and I looked across at each other for one last lingering moment. We knew we had both been humiliated, yet for that brief moment we had both shared something special. This movie star had let us glimpse greatness and we were both humbled by the experience. Greggs man yielded to 50 and flashed me in. We never saw each other again.

Don’t tell your mam that I fancied that bloke though, or I will beat the crap out of you Son "

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ABSOLUTE CLASS… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
thats the oracle for uk trucking in 2018.
the best scripture ive seen in eire is"drive it like your late for mass"
that becomes more relevant if you have lived over here and can relate to about 90% if rural ireland being like where father ted lives. or if you google and watch killinaskully on video.

eagerbeaver:

AndrewG:

dieseldog999:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You’ve missed your calling Beaver!

robroy:
A smart white Topliner passed me this morning with ‘‘Guy Martin Edition’’ written on the side.
It was private reg, so assumed it was an owner driver.
Anybody know anything about it/them?
Not sure if it was a ‘Factory edition’ or maybe a one off home cooked jobby, just wondered how it was specced up if it actually was a Scania limited edition series.
Curious, that’s all. :neutral_face:

i believe its a nice Scania, and Moodys have put some Guy Martin stickers on it. Nothing ltd edition or Scania related.
looks good thou.

eagerbeaver:

AndrewG:

dieseldog999:

Fu[zb[in brilliant… :laughing::grimacing:
Post of the year so far…

eagerbeaver:

AndrewG:

dieseldog999:

Pure poetry! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You’re totally right though, my days of being away with my old man were full of complete hooliganism and a great laugh especially when I was old enough to work out what being on the bang was :grimacing:

A.

chaversdad:
This one?

Yeh that looks pretty much like what I saw.
Cheers mate.

Many thanks for the kind sentiments gents :smiley:

I’m sure that other ’ potential ’ tales may yet be told :wink:

eagerbeaver:

AndrewG:

dieseldog999:

Don’t tell your mam that I fancied that bloke though, or I will beat the crap out of you…

Pure brilliance! There has been some great posts over the years but I think this tops then all. PMSL :laughing: