Another one strikes the bridge

hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hu … ry-1222904

Like so many others, he can’t have seen the signs.

We had one in Nottingham today to .

EAA5D2E6-DA3B-46A9-AA89-ECDE4EEECF72.jpeg

If he’d been going a bit faster he’d have made it under there like the second one did. :stuck_out_tongue:

Gavc:

Bridge not marked

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

15ft Bridge V 16ft Trailer…only one winner :smiley:

mdourish:

Gavc:

Bridge not marked

That is an interesting one. Did the truck knock the sign down or was it not marked? Surely, like the one in Hull, there would be warnings BEFORE the bridge.

mdourish:

Gavc:

Bridge not marked

I think the driver took the sign off when hitting the bridge as the sign is above where the lorry hit.

google.co.uk/maps/@52.90095 … 312!8i6656

Came off this roundabout:
google.co.uk/maps/@52.90155 … 312!8i6656

mdourish:

Gavc:

Bridge not marked

There’s plenty of forewarning about that bridge; numerous incidents over the years including a particularly serious and tragic one where the arm of a 360 on a low-loader hit the bridge,swung round and took the side out of a coach.

There’s even a place to turn around.

commonrail:
There’s even a place to turn around.

There are advance warning signs on the Wheatcroft roundabout (some signs before you even get that far if I recall correctly), AND illuminated “Overheight vehicle - TURN BACK” signs on the approach to the bridge, as well as “Overheight vehicles turn back here” as you reach the dedicated turning round point (Other vehicles are prohibited from using it!) AND signs on the bridge itself (or at least, there were signs there until this prize cabbage wiped them out with his trailer). The signs are even in both metric and Imperial units, so what excuse can this chimp have for hitting it?

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

And that bridge on Melton road,is at a lovely angle for slicing off ya roof :sunglasses:

Was he delivering Concertinas just asking. :smiley:

Roymondo:
so what excuse can this chimp have for hitting it?

Not really an excuse…but one explanation,maybe…total senses overload.

Maybe a new pass whose total mental capacity is being taken up by operating the truck.
His brain simply can not take in any more information…thus doesn’t see the signs or bridge until it’s too late.

Once saw a programme about what makes Lewis Hamilton so good.
It said that only about 5% of his brain capacity is taken up by driving the car…almost as though his hands and feet are doing it automatically.
This leaves 95% of his brain to think about everything else.

commonrail:

Roymondo:
so what excuse can this chimp have for hitting it?

Not really an excuse…but one explanation,maybe…total senses overload.

Maybe a new pass whose total mental capacity is being taken up by operating the truck.
His brain simply can not take in any more information…thus doesn’t see the signs or bridge until it’s too late.

^^^^^^^^^^^
surprisingly enough theres a guy on here in a similar situation so your comment will be very accurate.
he just has been given a real ans truck with a 3 over 3 splitter which obviousy takes up most of your concentration when your actually driving the thing and not sitting parked up watching recovery trucks.
just as well he hasnt went near any low bridges with those greedy loads of hay or it may be a disaster.

mrginge:

mdourish:

Gavc:

Bridge not marked

I think the driver took the sign off when hitting the bridge as the sign is above where the lorry hit.

Is that the same Bridge? On the photo Gavc posted it has a double solid white line in the road, and on that google image it is a broken single line. I know it could have been changed since the google image…just asking

You’ll see it (To a lesser extent)on busy multi lane junctions or roundabouts.
A driver who may not be as comfortable behind the wheel as we gods are…may be using up most of their brain power to simply stay on the road.
Throw in a load of extra information,they’ll need to process in the above scenarios…and the brain just can’t handle it.
A fork up is now highly probable.

commonrail:
Once saw a programme about what makes Lewis Hamilton so good.
It said that only about 5% of his brain capacity is taken up by driving the car…almost as though his hands and feet are doing it automatically.
This leaves 95% of his brain to think about everything else.

4% more than most of us use then.

Rowley010:

mrginge:

mdourish:

Gavc:

Bridge not marked

Is that the same Bridge? On the photo Gavc posted it has a double solid white line in the road, and on that google image it is a broken single line. I know it could have been changed since the google image…just asking

The press photo was taken from a good distance away using a telephoto lens. The double white lines end more or less where the police car is parked. There are indeed single broken lines under the bridge and for a short distance before it.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Is that the one at tollerton/wheatcroft. Looks like it, and is about a mile from me. Warnings constantly miles before it, and a turning point just before it on both sides.

I drive at 4m and still duck down everytime i go under a bridge.