Can you tell what it is yet?

Shamelessly nicked from Mat’s Trucking Photo Page on Facebook…

Modern looking FL10, nice lol

DR Frankenstein has used parts of a Volvo FL in there

Sino bought the FL tooling a good few years ago… they also looking towards entering the UK market commercialmotor.com/news/dea … -be-hit-uk … Hino have tried and didn’t do that well time will tell if Sino has more success

They might succeed. Chinese coaches are making serious in roads into this countries coach operators

A Wendy house with a high roof? Owens will be on the phone to the manufacturer as we speak… :grimacing:

I remember the FL10 fondly, as being one of the best all round car transporter chassis cabs (LWB with drag) i ever had.
Especially good in FL12 form with the 380 engine under the bonnet, handled well completely reliable and super low so overall height was class leading.

If the Chinese have the reliability and long service life that the much abused FL’s had they’ll be on a winner.

I’ve never understood why Hino didn’t make better inroads in the UK market, when the UK makers vanished they should have been the natural go to for small hauliers and owner drivers who wanted simple tough vehicles.

Sino will need parts and service back up, that’s where, like Hino, they will struggle, but good luck to them.

Depending on the Brexit surrender :unamused: or lack of, those vehicles from the far east might be on a more level footing re import tarriffs in due course, when the German and Swedish fodder have the same X% import taxes added to their price.

It’s the hino new cab

Juddian:
I remember the FL10 fondly, as being one of the best all round car transporter chassis cabs (LWB with drag) i ever had.
Especially good in FL12 form with the 380 engine under the bonnet, handled well completely reliable and super low so overall height was class leading.

If the Chinese have the reliability and long service life that the much abused FL’s had they’ll be on a winner.

I’ve never understood why Hino didn’t make better inroads in the UK market, when the UK makers vanished they should have been the natural go to for small hauliers and owner drivers who wanted simple tough vehicles.

Sino will need parts and service back up, that’s where, like Hino, they will struggle, but good luck to them.

Depending on the Brexit surrender :unamused: or lack of, those vehicles from the far east might be on a more level footing re import tarriffs in due course, when the German and Swedish fodder have the same X% import taxes added to their price.

I really liked the FL12 too. Little Tonka toy

Depending on the Brexit surrender or lack of, those vehicles from the far east might be on a more level footing re import tarriffs in due course, when the German and Swedish fodder have the same X% import taxes added to their price

Of course. No return to the good old days would be complete with a country full of trucks, inferior to Western European trucks.

Juddian:

Yeah, the horrendous garbage churned out by China is well known for being on par with the Swedes.

A.

A budget range of trucks for municipal work/ short haul distribution if marketed well will likely work. Getting dealerships up and running with a good maintenance/parts back up will be the hurdle…

Re the FL’s, i had an FL7, it wasnt a bad truck at all. Turning the wheel with the tacho open though was always a no no… :grimacing:

I like the hazard warning triangle on the grill, seems like a good idea having seen many of their exploits on youtube!

the nodding donkey:

Depending on the Brexit surrender or lack of, those vehicles from the far east might be on a more level footing re import tarriffs in due course, when the German and Swedish fodder have the same X% import taxes added to their price

Of course. No return to the good old days would be complete with a country full of trucks, inferior to Western European trucks.

As a committed Brexiteer I totally agree with the idea that I didn’t vote to leave the EU for Johnson and co to just use it as an excuse to sell us out to the bleedin Chinese Communist Party instead of the Germans.As for inferior Brit trucks an SA 401 with a 400 ■■■■■■■ and 13 speed Fuller in it wasn’t exactly inferior to anything which the Swedes or Germans could throw at it.While if it’s all a matter of keeping us a nation of debt ridden shop keepers and restaurant workers then at least do it right by making us dependent on decent Australian truck imports,for example,not cheap and nasty Chinese ones.

Now awaits all the,we’d much rather drive a Chinese FL10 knock off than an Australian KW,replies. :unamused:

Carryfast:

the nodding donkey:

As a committed Brexiteer I totally agree with the idea that I didn’t vote to leave the EU for Johnson and co to just use it as an excuse to sell us out to the bleedin Chinese Communist Party instead of the Germans.As for inferior Brit trucks an SA 401 with a 400 ■■■■■■■ and 13 speed Fuller in it wasn’t exactly inferior to anything which the Swedes or Germans could throw at it.While if it’s all a matter of keeping us a nation of debt ridden shop keepers and restaurant workers then at least do it right by making us dependent on decent Australian truck imports,for example,not cheap and nasty Chinese ones.

Now awaits all the,we’d much rather drive a Chinese FL10 knock off than an Australian KW,replies. :unamused:

Horses for courses, mate.
Aussie K-W with double drive and a huge bonnet out the front may be good for a 2,000 mile haul. But there arent too many of them in the UK. And no, I wouldnt fancy a Volvo FL copy of any origin thank you. My memories of Wendy Houses isn`t as fond as that of some others it seems.
Since we are geographically European and our road system is pretty much Eu I see nowt wrong, in principle, with Eu trucks. Some are better than others, but most are better for our use than those from elsewhere.

Franglais:

Carryfast:

Horses for courses, mate.
Aussie K-W with double drive and a huge bonnet out the front may be good for a 2,000 mile haul. But there arent too many of them in the UK. And no, I wouldnt fancy a Volvo FL copy of any origin thank you. My memories of Wendy Houses isn`t as fond as that of some others it seems.
Since we are geographically European and our road system is pretty much Eu I see nowt wrong, in principle, with Eu trucks. Some are better than others, but most are better for our use than those from elsewhere.

The Brits are mainly about 6x2 44 tonners anyway.So just match the E trac 6x2 already offered in plenty of KW’s with the K200 cab over job done.Might as well chuck the Dutch out in that case and turn Leyland’s production facilities over to local KW assembly. :bulb: :smiley:

Carryfast:

the nodding donkey:

Not sure how you could compare a Sudden Accident 401 with anything Swedish or German CF, the SA’s were very poor quality badly developed trucks…

it sure looks like a wendy house volvo…just love the padlock on the fuel cap…no good for the uk, they just lift the fuel sender and ■■■■ it out…or screwdriver a nice hole in the tank…nice to know fuel theft just doesnt happen in the uk. :smiley:

Carryfast:

I’d rather drive neither in all honesty and stick with the Volvo and Scanias I do drive

Howo , they were selling 6x4 units landed in African ports cleared at 60,000 usd , makes the EU used trucks with 500 k on look expensive , that’s why the used export trade is done , and not getting any better with all the 4 year old adblue ■■■■■■■■ that can’t even operate on the low grade diesel .