Parking Nazis puzzled me?

Just had a slight confrontation with a public servant.
Apparently you cant unload a lorry on single yellow line. Ive attached the sign for everyones opinion.
When questioned over her interpretation of it she insists its for vans only. Then threatened me with an instant ticket and not to “talk back or argue about it” Of course at this point I get the phone out to record her and she scurries off saying “ill be back. move it”

20180213_112040.jpg

CraigM:
Apparently you cant unload a lorry on single yellow line. Ive attached the sign for everyones opinion.
When questioned over her interpretation of it she insists its for vans only. Then threatened me with an instant ticket and not to “talk back or argue about it” Ofcourse at this point I get the phone out to record her and she scurries off saying “ill be back. move it”

I’ve always understood that to be the symbol for an HGV, not a van. In my opinion it would take a right ■■■■■■■■ pedant to book you for “loading” there with a van but the other way round is wrong.

Sounds like yet another hi vis hard nut with an inflated view of their own self importance.

A.

Was your vehicle facing the same direction as on the plate? If not there’s the problem.
[emoji3]

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Franglais:
Was your vehicle facing the same direction as on the plate? If not there’s the problem.
[emoji3]

Quickest way to tip. Slam on the brakes and launch the plant.

CraigM:

Franglais:
[emoji3]

Quickest way to tip. Slam on the brakes and launch the plant.

Preferably going backwards though …

take a photo of the sign as evidence in case she actually does a sneaky one and says you drove off before she could put the ticket on…with the sign as evidence…i would expect you to get it cancelled…that is a truck, and not a van…

As far as I understand it there is no actual sign for Lorries or vans, the sign in question relates to “Goods vehicles” which incorporates any and all vehicles designed for the purpose of transporting goods.
If there is any additional specification required for said goods vehicle then that information will be added to the sign in written form i.e. height, weight, width or length.

So technically you and the “Parking ■■■■” were both correct it is lorries and it is vans (even an electric milk float would come under the classification of a goods vehicle) :wink:

She’s probably some dolee who had to apply for the job or get her benefits stopped. The parking enforcement is probably subcontracted to the private sector, and she’s probably had no training or test of her legal knowledge.

God help us all.

CraigM:
When questioned over her interpretation of it she insists its for vans only. Then threatened me with an instant ticket and not to “talk back or argue about it” Ofcourse at this point I get the phone out to record her and she scurries off saying “ill be back. move it”

She’s wrong, saying “vans only”. It’s not vans only. It’s goods vehicles as reef says. Write down what she says before you forget so you have a brief account up your sleeve in case she does a sly one. They only have one job, writing tickets, they can’t even get that right :unamused: .

That time of month.

She is a Div…if there were restrictions on size or type of vehicle there would be a weight limit on there also - say 3.5T if it were vans only

If this happens again tell them that you are going to call the police and let them decide who is in the wrong.

Gets better. Just watched one slap a ticket on a cash in transit van on a single yellow outside a row of shops. SAME sign visible. Wonder if that driver will get told it’s only for hgvs to stop there. Reckon Glasgow City Government are desperate for easy cash to pay for the rebranding from council to government.

Like many other services that have been farmed out to the private sector (more efficient and cheaper to operate dontcha know…) traffic wardens now suffer from a lack of proper training combined with ticket targets. The old yellow perils did know what they were doing and weren’t subject to the same motivational practices.