Annoyed

So I’m trying to keep busy via a few agencies who are getting me various shifts and mixed work as it’s a nightmare this time of year right ?!

Anyway had a call last night at 4.30pm to be at a start at 5pm. Got to job at 5.10pm. Told I had to be in Leicester and done at the site leaving to next drop for 8pm. But I was unable to even depart from site until 6.40pm as TM wanted all the ridgids unloaded, trapping me on fuel bay before I could even hook trailer up. Anyway like I say I left stoke at 6.40pm and had to stop for a ■■■■ on way to Leicester… I didn’t get to Leicester until 8.10pm, so I had TM on phone saying I was late and I missed my slot, hurry up etc. Anyway I got thre and it was fine got loaded and was off etc. Anyway the tos ser TM phoned my agency saying that I’d been dragging my arse and missed my slot so he agency just phoned me saying they’d had a complaint about my time keeping and to be aware of time deadlines etc

I’m fed up tbh. Fed up with tossers that seem to pass the buck with their own poor management and fed up with agencies who don’t stick up for drivers.

I’m having a real bad time of nightmare mixed starts, poor employers who are putting it back on me and agencies that promise decent regular work, but actually have nothing of the sort

I would tell the TM that you took the job with only 30 minutes notice and that you were held up because of the chaos in their yard however the job was completed and nobody at your delivery points complained. Tell the agency the same and that they should be thanking you for coming out so quickly then forget about it. Don’t get annoyed. It’s water off a ducks back.

unless you are desperate for the money just walk away. attitude like the tm’s and the agency aren’t going to change.
with your sort of attitude toward’s the job there are plenty of co’s who would appreciate your service’s.

Well just tell the agency you wont go back there and if they call you with half hour notice again, make it clear to them you wont go if its a time sensitive but already late delivery.

That being said though, If you had’nt stopped for a ■■■■ you’d have made it to Leicester before 8.
His yard might have been chaos and you got trapped etc but it was’nt impossible to get there for 8 if you were only ten minutes late despite stopping. You’re not entirelly innocent of the late arrival

The-Snowman:
Well just tell the agency you wont go back there and if they call you with half hour notice again, make it clear to them you wont go if its a time sensitive but already late delivery.

That being said though, If you had’nt stopped for a [zb] you’d have made it to Leicester before 8.
His yard might have been chaos and you got trapped etc but it was’nt impossible to get there for 8 if you were only ten minutes late despite stopping. You’re not entirelly innocent of the late arrival

Come on. With only half an hour’s notice he didn’t have time for a dump before he left the house.

At the moment I get the odd shift a week where I’m called in at short notice because someone has called in sick, I usually say I can be there in a couple of hours. When I arrive they’re just pleased that someone could get there that quickly.

Sound more like a problem with the people you went to rather than the agency. My agency would at least make sure they pointed out that I’d been booked at very short notice and I doubt that kind of complaint would ever have got as far as me finding out.

If the agency phone you for a last minute job and ask how quick you can get there never say how fast you can, add an hour or so. Make sure to include enough time to get ready such as making a packup to take with you, having your tea. Don’t just throw your work clothes on and straight out the door, sod that. I doubt very much that anyone else will do it quicker or even want it at all and there’s no point killing yourself to get there.

Oh come on.

Another ‘woo is me’ agency story.

Don’t feed the trolls.

the nodding donkey:
Oh come on.

Don’t feed the trolls.

trouble is shaking stallion there’s so many troll’s on here that i take most post’s with a pinch of salt.

not saying op is a troll.

m.a.n rules:

the nodding donkey:
Oh come on.

Don’t feed the trolls.

trouble is shaking stallion there’s so many troll’s on here that i take most post’s with a pinch of salt.

He’s even got his very own cheerleader. .

You could have saved time by using a tesco bag…and lobbing out of the window…therefore sticking to the schedule. :smiley: :smiley:

truckyboy:
You could have saved time by using a tesco bag…and lobbing out of the window…therefore sticking to the schedule. :smiley: :smiley:

Yeah, but he’s have to have taken all his stuff out first.

Captain Caveman 76:

truckyboy:

Yeah, but he’s have to have taken all his stuff out first.

If he is a “proper” agency driver, all his stuff would be in his LIDL carrier bag :laughing: :laughing:

Mystery Action:
I would tell the TM that you took the job with only 30 minutes notice and that you were held up because of the chaos in their yard however the job was completed and nobody at your delivery points complained. Tell the agency the same and that they should be thanking you for coming out so quickly then forget about it. Don’t get annoyed. It’s water off a ducks back.

That^^^^ end of story.

Stinka:
So I’m trying to keep busy via a few agencies who are getting me various shifts and mixed work as it’s a nightmare this time of year right ?!

Anyway had a call last night at 4.30pm to be at a start at 5pm. Got to job at 5.10pm. Told I had to be in Leicester and done at the site leaving to next drop for 8pm. But I was unable to even depart from site until 6.40pm as TM wanted all the ridgids unloaded, trapping me on fuel bay before I could even hook trailer up. Anyway like I say I left stoke at 6.40pm and had to stop for a [zb] on way to Leicester… I didn’t get to Leicester until 8.10pm, so I had TM on phone saying I was late and I missed my slot, hurry up etc. Anyway I got thre and it was fine got loaded and was off etc. Anyway the tos ser TM phoned my agency saying that I’d been dragging my arse and missed my slot so he agency just phoned me saying they’d had a complaint about my time keeping and to be aware of time deadlines etc

I’m fed up tbh. Fed up with tossers that seem to pass the buck with their own poor management and fed up with agencies who don’t stick up for drivers.

I’m having a real bad time of nightmare mixed starts, poor employers who are putting it back on me and agencies that promise decent regular work, but actually have nothing of the sort

Fella, it may sound overly blunt, but if you can’t handle the petty-minded ‘client’ calling the agency and trying to grass you up for minor/non-existent things (and it and much else is par for the course on agency), then get a proper job. It really is that simple. There are plenty of firms in Stoke.

Don’t let it worry you - just take the money and move on to the next job

the nodding donkey:

m.a.n rules:

the nodding donkey:
Oh come on.

Don’t feed the trolls.

He’s even got his very own cheerleader. .

goo.gl/images/om55VE

Conor:
At the moment I get the odd shift a week where I’m called in at short notice because someone has called in sick, I usually say I can be there in a couple of hours. When I arrive they’re just pleased that someone could get there that quickly.

Well thats what happens when you are a driving God, or at least think you are …

raymundo:
Well thats what happens when you are a driving God, or at least think you are …

Just because you’re so incompetent they put their heads in their hands when you turn up at the traffic office at the start of your shift isn’t my fault.

Apparently there’s nearly 30.000 agencies and rising in the UK

recruitment-international.c … pr-reveals

Sounds like you are with some right stinkers old lad …

Go direct sod the parasites.

I do agency work and my experience of it is that you have to let the agency know from the get-go who is top dog, otherwise they will walk all over you. You have to make it clear from the start that you aren’t some clown from Lithuania who got his HGV licence because he could drive his uncle’s tractor 50 yards down a muddy track, and you have to make it clear that you are only interested in the best work, for the best money, and if they can’t provide that then you are quite happy to stay in bed.

Works for me, anyway. :stuck_out_tongue: