New Curtainsider arriving no straps required

Not sure of the rating of them but I’ve been told that straps are not required apart from the last 4. Would this be correct? We move potatoes in boxes mainly in it.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Ask DVSA if you get a pull and I’m sure they will be delighted that you’ve got no straps. A driver recently got a fine for a load weighing nothing with straps crossed at the back and it was a load bearing curtain.

Unless they are rated load bearing curtains, then all boxes need strapping, when you see a galaxy parked up, go and ask the nice man :smiley:

Just having load bearing curtains (EN12641) is not enough, they have to be on a trailer built to EN12642-XL standards.

Then you have to have the load that complies with what DVSA call “positive fit”

It’s all in here under the heading EN 12642-XL.

I’m going to strap anyway to cover my backside but it doesn’t sound right to me.

It takes you about an extra 5 to 10 mins to throw some trailer straps down the sides. That 5 - 10 mins could save you a £100 fine even you, me, and the DVSA Man all know they wouldn’t hold the load of the truck were to roll.

I just strap everything these days…end of.
I even strap light pallets of cardboard with down the side internals.
Sure, we all know in that case there is no real NEED to do so, but if you play along with their stupid ■■■■ games, it doesn’t give them an excuse to chuck their ■■■■ disproportional fines at you. :bulb:
Apart from that I am never in a rush, and I get paid by the hour, so as somebody else just said it only takes about 30 mins.
So apart from the d/heads who succumb to getting stress off a phone and are being ran ragged to death, who cares? :bulb:

P Stoff:
Not sure of the rating of them but I’ve been told that straps are not required apart from the last 4. Would this be correct? We move potatoes in boxes mainly in it.

In England 90 percent drivers not strap nothing and to many drivers not clue not to strap correctly and She’s not carry about this.Come to any Rec canopy and watch when drivers open curtainside.

only 30 mins , do a couple a day , hour , often the difference between getting home or not , I’ll strap them but not if it means a extra night in a tin box

Andrejs:

P Stoff:

In England 90 percent drivers not strap nothing and to many drivers not clue not to strap correctly and She’s not carry about this.Come to any Rec canopy and watch when drivers open curtainside.

In EE 90 percent of driveski much tysksi when drive, and to many not clue not to drive in opposite direction traffic. Watch many video on yourtube when drunkski driver crash.

the nodding donkey:

Andrejs:

P Stoff:

In EE 90 percent of driveski much tysksi when drive, and to many not clue not to drive in opposite direction traffic. Watch many video on yourtube when drunkski driver crash.

Here talk about load straping and load secure.

As Vosa once told me…treat the trailer and load as if it were a flatbed…with a sheet thrown over…you would have to rope it…so as with that scenario…strap it or pay the fine…and i dont expect your boss would offer to reimburse you either…and if its fragile…pull the straps even tighter…as there is no excuse said the vosa man as he handed me the £100 fine…he did however say : Have a nice day.

Curtains only keep the weather out.

Or that’s how I was told to treat them, strap it down or hold it in with the internals. Not that it’ll make a blind bit of difference if it wants to shift or the vehicle goes over. Curtains and straps will pop out of their runners…

the nodding donkey:

Andrejs:

P Stoff:

Hope you do understand that English is the guys THIRD foreign language that he speaks :wink:

Hopefully you are as good as he is in other languages before you take a ■■■■ about his writing abilities. :wink:

Riho:

the nodding donkey:

Andrejs:

P Stoff:

Hope you do understand that English is the guys THIRD foreign language that he speaks :wink:

Hopefully you are as good as he is in other languages before you take a ■■■■ about his writing abilities. :wink:

I am. Actually, I’m beter.

the nodding donkey:

[/quote]
[/quote]
Your spelling could be better though… :grimacing:

robroy:
I just strap everything these days…end of.
I even strap light pallets of cardboard with down the side internals.

Yea, thats all well and good until you get somewhere that load the light cardboard pallets through the backdoor & then you have to faff about unbuckling the curtains after loading to apply the straps. And then you find the tip at the other end is back door too, so then your opening the curtains again to take all the straps off before you can go on a bay… straps, that you know as a seasoned pro were serving no purpose other than vanity anyway. And it’s raining. And it’s windy. And half your internals were knackered so you couldn’t do it properly anyway.

Talk about a soul destroying pointless load of messing about.

Dare I jest that the £100 fine might be worth it for all the hundreds of times you have got away with it? :blush: :blush:

TiredAndEmotional:

the nodding donkey:

[/quote]
Your spelling could be better though… :grimacing:
[/quote]
My spelling is beter than your quoting.

truckyboy:
As Vosa once told me…treat the trailer and load as if it were a flatbed…with a sheet thrown over…you would have to rope it…so as with that scenario…strap it or pay the fine…and i dont expect your boss would offer to reimburse you either…and if its fragile…pull the straps even tighter…as there is no excuse said the vosa man as he handed me the £100 fine…he did however say : Have a nice day.

^^^^^^^^^ Dead right truckyboy. Plus you’ve all seen the piccy of a really conscientious bloke that strapped his load of sand. :laughing:

25 year old fu(zb)ed VanHool tilt ‘no straps required’…not an entirely new concept. Meanwhile…technology<<<<<