You ever get that feeling your on fire

Saw this earlier ( hope link works)

twitter.com/MerPolTraffic/statu … twterm%5E2

HGV:

Can gaurantee you wouldn’t see that now, we’ve let full trailers just burn out on the side of the m74, just try and save the tractor and let the trailer and load go.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

AlexBarclay:

HGV:

Can gaurantee you wouldn’t see that now, we’ve let full trailers just burn out on the side of the m74, just try and save the tractor and let the trailer and load go.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

not today your bloody not ( letting tris burn out on 74 ) , I’m comming down it and I want to go home for weekend not sit there for umpteen hours while they sort the burning wreck out :unamused: :unamused: :smiling_imp:

"keep er lit " would be the obvious comment to make there…class video,can you imagine how many claims for compensation would be coming in if they tried the same jaunt today?

dieseldog999:
"keep er lit " would be the obvious comment to make there…class video,can you imagine how many claims for compensation would be coming in if they tried the same jaunt today?

It would have been burnt out by time they have done a risk assessment

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Only 1 delivery today drive. Fire station needs some fire asap.

Bit daft tbh,what if he’d of tipped it whilst hammering it round a bend.

I had a warm morning once when I picked up my DAF roll on from the Scania service centre in Peterborough, I did my checks and headed for the services to fill the old girl up so I positioned myself on the pump near KFC and started filling the tank.
Sometimes the pump is noisy and I made sure she was full and I replaced the pump now to be honest I thought there was something wrong when I could see smoke coming from under the cab,this prompted me to try to move the truck out of the way to no avail so my next course of action was to ask the till attendant to switch off the pumps.
He wasn’t the brightest spark and after a round of what? Fire where? I went back and got the truck moved off the pumps as it was a DAF automatic box (deep joy)
I call Scania out and they said the starter motor had stuck on (the more experienced of you knew that at the start of my tale) follow me said the fitter about two miles to the garage.
The nearer I got the warmer I got until I parked next to the garage, now the panic in the fitters eyes will stay with me until I die as apparently the starter motor had now caught fire and was sending flames up the back of the cab.
Linford Christie I ain’t but bugger I moved! My only regret is they put out the fire before I got a different truck.
I had a colleague who’s truck caught fire in the tanker park on a RAF base, he was the last to know as he was surrounded by fire tenders in seconds.