Drivers mate equipment

How do all…

I was wondering if you would reccomend anything different for a drivers mate going tramping to what a driver would take.

I’m guessing there would be no difference. But I thought i’d check

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Some Lube
or if your not into that sorta stuff a pointy stick to keep him at bay during the long night.
Gonna be very cosy in that tiny bed :laughing: :laughing:

chainmailguy:
How do all…

I was wondering if you would reccomend anything different for a drivers mate going tramping to what a driver would take.

I’m guessing there would be no difference. But I thought i’d check

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Why would you even think that there is a difference the mind boggles here with the stuff people come out with

a roll of duct tape…that way you can sleep with your bum jammed into the corner,and the tape round your jaw to keep your mouth shut.
try and get dibs on the bottom bunk…■■■■■ smells rise.
headphones in case hes a waffling fanny.
if you fancy trying double manning the way its normally done in euroland,then wear a wife beater vest,a pair of trakkies,and some socks with several holes in them so you can display them on the dash at all times. :slight_smile:

Diipper Dave or Carry fast will be your drivers mate.
Pack the foam ear plugs.

A resignation letter.

Not a chance in hell would I be living in a cab with someone else.

A pair of chastity pants.

A suit of armour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harrawaffa:
A resignation letter.

You wouldn’t need to go that far because every one else would have put thier’s in first …

14 tins of stella per day…you wont be driving. :slight_smile:

raymundo:

harrawaffa:
A resignation letter.

You wouldn’t need to go that far because every one else would have put thier’s in first …

Aye flat to the mat doing a 4 truck over take on the 75 would scare even the most seasoned driver. I wouldn’t want to be in a cab with me either.

harrawaffa:
A resignation letter.

Jeeez… :open_mouth: We agree on something at last . :smiley:

harrawaffa:

raymundo:

harrawaffa:
A resignation letter.

Aye flat to the mat doing a 4 truck over take on the 75 would scare even the most seasoned driver. I wouldn’t want to be in a cab with me either.

That’l be what the 'headphones for a waffling fanny’are for,or maybe a ‘dream catcher’ would be more suitable?where this really ‘happens’

harrawaffa:
A resignation letter.

A customer asked us about double manning as they wanted the 3 trailers in location quicker. This was not a day run btw. So I said our firm will have to hire 6 new guys then as none of us 3 are touring Europe in the same cab with a stranger lol.

toby1234abc:
Carryfast will be your drivers mate.
Pack the foam ear plugs.

Good god can you imagine! I’ll be having nightmares tonight now

Like most I could never tramp with anyone. Id leave before id have to. I do this job because I’m startlingly antisocial! I see all those eastern European chaps on train double manning and I’ve no idea how they put up with it. Invariably they also never seem to be in the biggest cabs either

used to drive team over here …went ok …my lead was an experienced 30+yr driver non smoker ,Christian US citizen…all he wanted was me to do was cut back on the swearing and not kill him when he was in the bunk. Ken did the day shift 6-6 I did nights 6pm-6am we fuelled up /toilet /food during changeovers sometimes we outran the fuelcard come days off ken went one I went the other :stuck_out_tongue: …now would I do it again …yes but only with ken as I trusted his driving ability /and ken told me I was a good ool boy for a jock. even today 7yrs after our last team run we keep in touch. james

JIMBO47:
used to drive team over here …went ok …my lead was an experienced 30+yr driver non smoker ,Christian US citizen…all he wanted was me to do was cut back on the swearing and not kill him when he was in the bunk. Ken did the day shift 6-6 I did nights 6pm-6am we fuelled up /toilet /food during changeovers sometimes we outran the fuelcard come days off ken went one I went the other :stuck_out_tongue: …now would I do it again …yes but only with ken as I trusted his driving ability /and ken told me I was a good ool boy for a jock. even today 7yrs after our last team run we keep in touch. james

That’s actually what put me off the whole working in Canada idea, the fact that most companies make you drive team at least to start with. Even with cabs that size I couldn’t do it

Gosh, in my last job I’d very occasionally get asked to drop somebody off in the town centre - a security guard going home, a forklift driver moving between depots etc. They’d be in my cab 15 minutes max, but I’d be gritting my teeth through the torture of life stories, all the usual platitudes, or general moaning. I’d leave the industry if I had to double man. Even in my current job I often have to drop somebody 3 minutes round the corner to Scania to pick up a motor, and I resent doing that!

Closest I’ve come to double manning is mates coming with me for a week from time to time, (one at a time obviously :smiley: ) and even then by the end of the week I’ve got sick of them. :smiley: