Card in or out overnight?

Do you take your card out when parked up or leave it the machine on rest?

My gaff pay from card in to card out which is fine but on a night out they struggle with when to start paying the following day and normally end up pinching minutes so by taking my card out and putting it back the next morning and recording rest in between it ensures my wages aren’t cocked up. Granted it’ll only be by 15 mins or so but still…

Out fella out

It wouldn’t normally matter, either is good if you’re on a night out but in the scenario you describe then definitely out. 15 minutes is 15 minutes

sent using smoke signals

Out for me too.
I did go through a spell of leaving it in a couple of years ago until the truck got moved in the yard overnight by another driver after I’d gone home.
The upshot of that being, I’d been on ‘other work’ all bloody night and then got an infringement for not enough rest :angry:
I was also told you are supposed to input end country at the end of duty every day, you cant do that if you leave it in!

In

Gembo:
Out for me too.
I did go through a spell of leaving it in a couple of years ago until the truck got moved in the yard overnight by another driver after I’d gone home.
The upshot of that being, I’d been on ‘other work’ all bloody night and then got an infringement for not enough rest :angry:
I was also told you are supposed to input end country at the end of duty every day, you cant do that if you leave it in!

If you are leaving the truck then OUT, who knows what’s going to happen while you are home, shunted, taken as there’s a shortage of units.

If you’re nighting out and parked up somewhere, then IN, shows your daily rest etc.

In Monday morning out Friday night /Saturday morning only at weekend or hols it comes out

Gembo:
Out for me too.

Dunno about all tachos but you can mark “End Country” on all the ones I’ve used without ejecting card. And you’re correct it is obligatory to mark start and end countries. I paid 90 euros for that lesson. The @@## was determined to find summat wrong and that’s all he found after half an hour: although I started arguing I decided to bite my tongue instead.*
If on a ferry I’ll leave it in, but if doing an uninterrupted break I’ll eject it. As you know when ejecting or inserting card it prompts for that input so saving errors.
*Friday, running for the boat, etc etc. Pay ‘n’ go, or argue and miss ferry, cocking up my weekend?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

In for me. Nobody works weekends at our place, not even the factory but I take it out to get it downloaded then leave it out til Monday morning. If leaving it in on a night out don’t forget to put it on rest mode. Easy to forget.

toonsy:

My gaff pay from card in to card out which is fine but on a night out they struggle with when to start paying the following day and normally end up pinching minutes so by taking my card out and putting it back the next morning and recording rest in between it ensures my wages aren’t cocked up. Granted it’ll only be by 15 mins or so but still…

What you do is up to you, but I’m surprised that your company find it any more difficult to tell when you book on if you leave you card in compared with taking it out.

Personally, if I’m in the truck or nobody else is going to move it, then the card stays in.

Gembo:

Yes you can, into menu, Driver 1 entry, then select Begin Country or End Country.

Out. Then if i do have to move its no issue…

AndrewG:

^^this [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Cos if I’ve got an early start and I sleep in the yard the “night shunter” can hitch up to my trailer once it’s loaded to save me doing it at stupid o’clock…[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I used to leave my card in overnight when I was on a night out; far as I’m concerned whilst I’m in the truck the card stays in too. However, the management told me that for some reason it throws a spanner into the works of the telematics so they asked me to remove the card once I’ve stopped for the night.

muckles:

toonsy:

What you do is up to you, but I’m surprised that your company find it any more difficult to tell when you book on if you leave you card in compared with taking it out.

Personally, if I’m in the truck or nobody else is going to move it, then the card stays in.

You’ve not met our payroll department lol

If I’m on a night out it stays in, if I’m leaving the truck in the yard then comes out in case the workshop want to move it, or a night driver might use it, or warehouse staff might move it to couple my trailer for me that’s been loaded overnight.

toonsy:

muckles:

toonsy:

You’ve not met our payroll department lol

:laughing: Yep if they can’t cope with digital tacho data available on a computer screen, its a good job you aren’t using the old disc’s. :open_mouth:

Like I said, if it makes your life easier take it out, (oh ah madam). :wink:

AndrewG:

How is it no issue if your card is out and you have to move? You saying you’d move for someone without the card in?

Rowley010:

AndrewG:

How is it no issue if your card is out and you have to move? You saying you’d move for someone without the card in?

99% of the time my card stays in all week, always doing the wart country, end country thing, but occasionally I’ll park in a less than ideal spot on an industrial estate where I can’t afford to leave the card in whilst I wait for parked cars to move. In that situation I’ll book off, remove the card and once the cars have shifted I’ll move the twenty or thirty feet necessary to be properly and considerately parked.

the maoster:

Rowley010:

AndrewG:

99% of the time my card stays in all week, always doing the wart country, end country thing, but occasionally I’ll park in a less than ideal spot on an industrial estate where I can’t afford to leave the card in whilst I wait for parked cars to move. In that situation I’ll book off, remove the card and once the cars have shifted I’ll move the twenty or thirty feet necessary to be properly and considerately parked.

You just said that on a public forum [emoji23]