Inserting digi card into slot 2 by mistake

citycat:

the nodding donkey:

citycat:

the nodding donkey:
Sorry to hijack your topic, but in an idle moment last night I was googling to see what the job market in the Netherlands is like at the moment (gotta keep my options open…), and compering salaries against rents, the money doesn’t look so good these days. Am I right in understanding that the CAO wages for domestic drivers are only about €2300 a month? And do companies tend to pay more than that?

I’m not too sure. I get just under 2000 euros for a three day 30 hour week, which is fine for us as my wife is the main breadwinner. And the company has a CAO handbook near to hand in the office which they consult regularly. I’ll try asking one of the full time drivers discreetly, and get back to you.

Dank je wel

I asked one of the drivers last night, though you have to tread carefully with the Dutchies as they think it rude to talk about money. Anyway, he reckons he takes home about 2,400 euros (£2,098.47) at today’s rate) per month for a five day 50 hour week.

Most drivers will live in council homes if they don’t own their own house, and I don’t think the rents are that high for council compared to private. Hope this gives you a better idea.

Thank you. That means that wages are somewhat comparable to here.