Eddies hit Lichfield bridge Again

Photo nicked from brummie mail website, it’s been hit 90 times since 2009.
Wtf is wrong with drivers now !

That’s the double bridge on the A51, the one with the fully signed up alternative route for high vehicles!!!

If its been hit 90 times then surely the signage can’t be that clear. Maybe they need to stick some warning device to it like those metal balls attached by chains.

as you look at that picture to the left just past the bridge is a v/good chippy, bit of a bugger for parking but ok if your stuck under the bridge.

just saying like :wink:

adam277:
If its been hit 90 times then surely the signage can’t be that clear. Maybe they need to stick some warning device to it like those metal balls attached by chains.

Been hit so many times because there are a lot of drivers that don’t look and that know j-[zb] !!!

You could put, as you say, dingly-dangly silver balls, flashing lights, pop-up clowns at the side of the road with big [zb]-off banners saying " OI - NUMPTY! IT’S TOO [zb] HIGH,TURN AROUND!!! It will still get hit

Mod’s edit:
The auto censor is automatic (there’s a clue in the name :wink: ) so just type whatever word you like then leave the auto censor to decide whether it’s a banned word. PLEASE.

Forum Rule #3 explains it.

FFS…

Stop making excuses for idiots that are supposed to be

“professional haulage drivers”

Know the height of your vehicle, if you’re not sure then measure it, AND LOOK AT THE ROAD SIGNS!! that bridge is well marked in both directions, oh yeah, and get off your phone, stop watching your laptop… CONCENTRATE at what you are doing!!!

Sorry but no excuse

And breath :neutral_face:

…no…im not going to say it…

AndrewG:

I’ll say it for you, 4 meters limit, thing is though Andrew there are so many Richard Heads that drive now, even if all trucks were limited to 4mts, the twunts would be hitting bridges that are lower!! The number of times that I’ve heard that the Blackwall Tunnel has been closed because an idiot DIDN’T READ THE ROAD SIGNS on the approach and it’s not just one sign!!

pierrot 14:

AndrewG:

I’ll say it for you, 4 meters limit, thing is though Andrew there are so many Richard Heads that drive now, even if all trucks were limited to 4mts, the twunts would be hitting bridges that are lower!! The number of times that I’ve heard that the Blackwall Tunnel has been closed because an idiot DIDN’T READ THE ROAD SIGNS on the approach and it’s not just one sign!!

trouble is Blackwell is signed 4.0m and 13ft.0. so when you go down there at 4.0m it don’t fit, hence why the lhd brigade keep banging the height markers.

AndrewG:

Agency?

I love running at 12’10 or 3.9 mtrs in Euro babble. Not many bridges catch me out, I can even do blackwall northbound [emoji56] My trailers a double decker as well!!! It’s the future even though it’s 14 years old! [emoji4]

Rowley010:

AndrewG:

Agency?

EE?

pierrot 14:
FFS…

Stop making excuses for idiots that are supposed to be

“professional haulage drivers”

Know the height of your vehicle, if you’re not sure then measure it, AND LOOK AT THE ROAD SIGNS!! that bridge is well marked in both directions, oh yeah, and get off your phone, stop watching your laptop… CONCENTRATE at what you are doing!!!

Sorry but no excuse

And breath :neutral_face:

Yep. Unfortunately stupidity, ignorance and laziness are traits all humans have we can ever account for this or we can go back to a Darwinian society in which the stupid and lazy do not survive.

So who is right and who is wrong?

google.fr/maps/@51.4938471, … 312!8i6656

google.fr/search?rlz=1C1SKP … 80&bih=909

So please explain, I’m in a French wagon 4mt going to a customer in the East of London, or going to Smithfields and I want to use the BT
I’ll let you work it out, click below
thecalculatorsite.com/conve … inches.php

I recently hit upon an idea that if taken up by truck manufactures would end overnight all such stupidity.

Missed pins broken steps, coffee and food thrown around the cab bridges street furniture and general scenery being driven into would all be things of the past.

My idea is simple, a large oversized comedy boxing glove attached to a long and powerful spring that would deploy from the dashboard and strike the knuckle dragging imbecile who’s at the wheel square in the face just before an act of unspeakable stupidity takes place, an excellent idea as I’m sure you would all agree.

mike68:
I recently hit upon an idea that if taken up by truck manufactures would end overnight all such stupidity.

Missed pins broken steps, coffee and food thrown around the cab bridges street furniture and general scenery being driven into would all be things of the past.

My idea is simple, a large oversized comedy boxing glove attached to a long and powerful spring that would deploy from the dashboard and strike the knuckle dragging imbecile who’s at the wheel square in the face just before an act of unspeakable stupidity takes place, an excellent idea as I’m sure you would all agree.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Do these companies find O licences where the wheel attendants they employ who feature in such articles presumably find theirs? ie free in cereal packets?

Boxing glove on a spring an excellent suggestion there Mike, i commend it to the house.

AndrewG:

Do say it. 4m max trailer height eradicates bridge strikes.

I mean, when was the last time a truck hit a bridge on the continent?

the nodding donkey:

AndrewG:

Do say it. 4m max trailer height eradicates bridge strikes.

I mean, when was the last time a truck hit a bridge on the continent?

Hang on a bit ND, I’m Googling it, but it may take some time :laughing: :laughing:

pierrot 14:
So who is right and who is wrong?

google.fr/maps/@51.4938471, … 312!8i6656

google.fr/search?rlz=1C1SKP … 80&bih=909

So please explain, I’m in a French wagon 4mt going to a customer in the East of London, or going to Smithfields and I want to use the BT
I’ll let you work it out, click below
thecalculatorsite.com/conve … inches.php

Trouble with the Blackwall is that radio and cb aerials set of the sensors did it a couple of years ago and had to go up the naughty lane, plod came out and measured the trailer a fraction under 4m so no action taken was told if I had been overheight it would 6 points and £1000 fine. Spoke to the guy where I was headed to once had taken the Woolwich and he said resurfacing had lowered the height yet the 4m signs were kept. Odd how I never had problems with the 4m bridges in Europe